Chapter 8 - A Chance To Play An Instrument

[Word count - 1,203]

Some days later...

Location - Live House CiRCLE, Lobby

Your POV

While Afterglow was using the studio room for their band rehearsals, I was reading music magazines while listening to them perform. Hearing their music reminded me how badly I want to play an instrument like everyone else. But since there were mote than one, of course, I had some choices to make.

A few minutes later, two of the five Afterglow members came out of the studio room feeling wiped out. It was Ran and Himari, and I can tell that Himari was happy to see me. She gave me a hug from behind and hugged me a little tight.

"Hi there, (Y/N)!" Himari said.

"Umm, hi there, Himari. Hello Ran." I said to both of the girls.

"Hey." Ran said softly.

"What are you reading?" Himari asked.

"Oh, I'm just reading this music magazine I found behind the front desk." I replied.

Ran and Himari got a good look at the magazine I was reading.

"That looks like a magazine of music instruments." Ran said.

"Yeah. I thought I would give this magazine a quick look over before picking an instrument of my own." I told them.

"You thought about playing an instrument?! That's incredible!" Himari said.

"Yeah, it is. But I don't know which instrument I should go for." I said.

Ran and Himari looked at each other, and smiled before looking towards me.

"If you want, we can help you." Ran said.

"Really? You will?" I asked them.

"Yes we will." Himari replied. "Though Ran might be a vocalist, she does play the guitar."

"I guess you have a point." I said.

"So, how does it feel to play the guitar and the bass?" I asked them.

"Not bad." Ran replied.

"Ran, what kind of an answer is that?" Himari asked, pouting.

"What did you expect me to say?" Ran asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Something a little more than "not bad"!" She shouted.

Ran began to think of what to say.

"Well, playing the guitar does make me feel like when I am a different person, especially when I am on stage." She said.

"And it's the same for me when I am playing the bass." Himari said proudly.

"Wow, I am amazed that you feel this way about your instruments." I said to the two girls.

"All the same, though, it is your decision on what instrument you want to get." Ran said.

"And no matter which one you pick, we and the other members of Afterglow will be supportive of you and your decision." Himari added.

"Thanks you two." I said to the two Afterglow girls.

"But anyway, we should get back to the others now, Himari." Ran said.

"Ah, it is about that time, huh? Better get going now. See you later, (Y/N)-kun." Himari said as she gave me another tight hug.

"Y-Yeah, later." I said as Himari eventually stopped hugging me, and she and Ran walked back inside the studio room. Starting to think that Himari likes me a bit too much.
______________________________________

A few days later...

Location - Riverside

A few days had gone by since I spoke to Ran and Himari about getting an instrument. Have I actually gotten around to it? No, I haven't. That's only because I'm still struggling to make my decision. I might get a guitar, but getting a bass sounds nice, too. While being lost in my own thoughts, I ran into someone: a girl with black hair and pale grey eyes. She seemed to recognize me, too.

"Ah, hi there (Y/N). Nice to see you again." She said with a smile.

"Umm... I'm sorry, have we met?" I asked her.

"Oh right, I forgot you never seen me outside of the suit. I am Okusawa Misaki, also known as Michelle." She said.

"Oh yeah, from Hello, Happy World!, right?" I asked.

"That's right. You'll have to forgive me for all the trouble Kokoro has caused you during our first meeting." Misaki said with a sigh.

"It's no trouble at all." I said, shrugging off that event like it was nothing.

"So umm... what are you doing around here?" I asked.

"Oh, I am going to go meet Kanon-san so we could go to the mall together." Misaki replied.

"That must be nice, going to hang out with a friend." I said.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"And what are you doing here?" Misaki asked.

"Oh, I guess you could say that I was in deep thought about something, and I ended up all the way here." I said, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Oh, is it okay to share with me what you're thinking about?" Misaki asked. I guess it couldn't hurt to tell her.

"I thought about playing an instrument like everyone else, but I guess it's hard for me to make a decision." I said.

"Oh, I see. Do you have any idea on what you're leaning towards?" Misaki asked.

"I thought about picking the guitar or bass, but there is also the drums and keyboard to consider." I replied as something came across my mind.

"Oh wait, I guess I could be a Dj player like you, right?" I asked Misaki.

"I mean, I guess you could." Misaki said. "Being a Dj is fun and all, but I won't stop you if you decide to pick something else."

Ran and Himari said something like that not too long ago, and it is nice to know that Misaki supports that decision.

"That's kind of you to say, Misaki. Thank you." I said, smiling... is what I would do if I could actually smile.

Misaki started to blush a little.

"There's no need to thank me." She said. "I look forward to seeing what kind of instruments you pick."

"I promise that you and the other girls will be in for a treat." I said as the two of us parted ways. Now I feel even more motivated to get my own instrument.
______________________________________

A few days later...

Location - Edogawa Music Shop

This is it, today is the day that I decide to get my own instrument. I've been saving up enough money to get the instrument I wanted. And after hearing what some of the girls have to say, I think I know what instrument to buy and show everyone.

As I stepped into Edogawa and looked at the instruments again, the employee named Rii came over to me.

"Hey, welcome back." She said.

"Hi there." I replied.

"I take you're here to browse around the instruments again?" She asked.

"Actually, I've been saving up my money, and I was hoping I can buy an instrument from here." I said.

"Oh really? What instrument do you have in mind?" Rii asked.

I looked around one last time, and said...

"I want that one."

To be continued

A/N: That is it for chapter 8. Thank you guys for reading and I hoped you guys liked it. A double update again? Yes, you're not dreaming. This was the Christmas present I mentioned the other day, although better late than never. See you guys in the next chapter and have a good one. :)