Chapter 31 - The Stray Cat

[Word count - 2,552]

A couple of weeks later...

Location - Residential Area

Your POV

I was feeling the heatwave from the sun as I walked out of the house and began making my way to CiRCLE. Oh yeah, I can tell that summer is here just by the weather. I just hope that Marina will have the AC going at CiRCLE. To be honest, it feels too hot to go to work, but I know Marina needs my help, so I have no choice but to put up with it.

As I turned the corner, I spotted someone familiar up ahead. It was Minato Yukina from Roselia, and it looked like she was getting ready to go somewhere. But where, though? Only one way to find out.

"Hello there, Yukina!" I called out.

"Oh, (Y/N)-kun." She replied with a smile. "Hello."

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked, trying to make a conversation with Roselia's vocalist.

"I'm going to CiRCLE to do some solo practice." She said. "And I take it you're also heading to CiRCLE?"

"Yeah, I am, even though I feel like it is too hot to go anywhere." I replied.

"Yeah... I can't argue with that." She sighed.

"But hey, since we're both going to CiRCLE, how do you feel about going together?" I asked.

"Well... that could be nice."

A small blush appeared on Yukina's face when she said that. If we're being honest here, I think it's cute.

And so, Yukina and I began making our way to CiRCLE together. However, it was kind of awkward. We didn't say anything to each other. We don't know what to talk about either.

"So... is it true?" Yukina asked, making me confused.

"What's true?"

"Is it true that you went to on a date with all the members of both RAS and Morfonica?" She asked.

"Yeah, it's true." I replied. "All of them asked me out at the same time, and it was kind of hard to say no to them. So I went on a date with RAS on one weekend, and Morfonica the next."

Yukina chuckled a bit.

"Sounds like you can't say no to any of us, can you?"

"No, I guess not."

We laughed at this, but then moments later, we heard this...

"Meow."

"What was that?" I asked.

"It sounded like a cat." Yukina answered.

"A cat out in this heat? It can't be..."

"I know what I heard, though." Yukina said and began to wonder off, looking for this "cat".

"Huh? Yukina, wait up!" I said and went after her.
______________________________________

Yukina's POV

Looks like I was right, I was hearing a cat, and after looking around, I found it hidden under a tree with a lot of shade. It was a small black and white cat, and my heart melted when I saw it.

"Y-Yukina, found you..." (Y/N) said as he caught his breath.

"(Y/N)-kun... look." I said as my cheeks turned red.

He looked over and saw the cat.

"Wow, there really is a cat." He said.

"Yeah, and it is so cute."