Chapter 33 - A Date That's 100% Horrifying

[Word count - 2,232]

Location - Live House CiRCLE, Cafe

Rimi's POV

"Wow, I've been waiting for this movie to come out for a while." I said while staring at my phone.

I'm at CiRCLE by myself watching this new horror trailer that was released earlier in the year. It comes out this weekend, and I've been wanting to check it out for a while. However, I didn't want to go by myself, and not a lot of the people I hang out with are into horror. I asked Nanami if she wanted to come, but she said that Morfonica is going somewhere over the weekend.

"Now who will I go with?" I asked myself with a sigh.

"Rimi? Are you okay?" A voice asked.

I looked over and noticed (Y/N) being near me. Just seeing close by was making my heart skip a beat. He is kind of cute. Wait, did I thought he was cute? Why am I thinking that?

"Oh, (Y/N)-kun. Hi there." I said with a smile.

"Hi there, mind if I join you?" He asked.

"Go ahead."

He nodded and sat down close to me. At that moment, my heart felt like it was melting like an ice cream.

"So, Rimi, I couldn't help but heard you sigh a moment ago." He said. "Is everything okay?"

"Oh, that? It's just that there is a movie coming out this weekend, and I don't have anyone to go with." I replied.

"Oh, why not?"

"Well, it's a horror movie, and I know no one from Poppin' Party would be interested in horror."

"Oh, then... what about Nanami? Doesn't she like horror?" He asked.

"She does, but she told me that Morfonica is going to be busy over the weekend, so I'm starting to run out of options..."  I replied with a sad look on my face.

Then I heard something from (Y/N) that took me by surprise.

"Rimi, how would you feel if I went with you?" He asked.

"Huh? You'll go with me?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"Do you even like horror, though?"

"I can tolerate a horror genre, but it's been a while since I saw a horror movie." He said.

"Oh, in that case, do you want to come over to my place and watch a few horror movies so you'll know what to expect?" I asked.

"I think that's a good idea." He replied.

"Really? Thanks (Y/N)-kun."

"Yeah, you're welcome."

"By the way, (Y/N)-kun, can I ask something?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Why do you have lipstick on your cheek?" I asked as I pointed to his left cheek.

"Oh, that's from my mom before I left for work." He said and blushed a little.

"I see."

"But it's fine, though. It wouldn't be the first weird thing that happened today." He said and pointed to the background.

Dr. Eggman: *running in the background* Eeeeeeeeeeee!

Luigi: *chasing him* LET LUIGI CLAP THEM CHEEKS!

Huh... that is weird.
______________________________________

A few hours later...

Location - Ushigome Residence, Living Room