Chapter 44 - The Drumming Festival

[Word count - 1,596]

Early September...

Location - Shopping District

Your POV

Ah, we're getting closer to the season of autumn, a season where the weather will start to become more cooler than it was in the last few months. Summer was fun and all, but you know what they say, all good things must come to an end. And what better way to start off this month is with a festival.

The first time I found out about this is when Marina asked me to come her to the shopping district. She and I plan on getting some coffee from Hazawa Coffee. Once we got there, a lot of the towns people were setting some stuff up. Marina and I were amazed by the set up.

"Wow, it's almost like they got a festival planned." Marina said.

"Do you think that's what's happening?" I asked.

"Probably, but what kind of festival is it...?" She questioned.

"The Drumming Festival is coming up." Came a reply.

The voice belonged to Saaya from Poppin' Party.

"Oh, hi there Saaya-chan." Marina said.

"Hey, Saaya. How's it going?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm alright. Just busy with the family bakery." She said. "And what about you two?"

"We're on our way to Hazawa Coffee to some coffee to help us get through the day until we saw all of this." Marina said.

"What kind of festival is it again?" I asked.

"It's called The Drumming Festival, and every year at the start of September, people will set up their drums and play for others." She explained.

"That is interesting. Are you going to do it, Saaya-chan?" Marina asked.

"Yeah, I thought about giving it a try, and drummers from other bands are going to take part as well." She said.

"If you do, I'll make sure to come check all of you out." I smiled.

Saaya blushed a little before looking away.

"Thanks, (Y/N)-kun, you're too sweet."

"Say, Saaya-chan, some of the people are saying that there's going to be a star performer at the show." Marina said. "Do you know who it is?"

"Ah, yes. This year they've asked Tomoe to play her taiko drums for the main event." She said.

"Tomoe, huh? It'll be interesting to see her play that." I said.

"Tell me about it." Marina added.

"By the way, (Y/N)-kun, have you..."

"Have I what?"

"Made your decision yet?" She asked as her cheeks turned red. It should be obvious on what she was referring to.

"Oh, no, I haven't." I replied. Well, not yet at least.

"Well then... I hope you make your decision soon." Saaya said as she came closer to me. She placed her hands on my cheeks and gave me a kiss.

I was blushing as she pulled away from me.

"Alright, then, I better go back to my family and help out." She said.

"Okay, Saaya-chan, take care." Marina said.

Saaya walked back to Yamabuki Bakery, and as she was out of earshot, Marina couldn't help but tease me a little about what just happen.

"Aww, sounds like Saaya-chan is really in love with you." She said.