Chapter 6

The Amazonian showers were falling heavily in her, drenching her cold frame, suffocating her to the brim, unlocking deep memories that were trying to stay deep buried inside her head, no matter what they always found a way to haunt her.

The sound of the running footsteps hitting the huge water puddles along with the heavy breathing were the sounds that were rushing to her ears.

Nevaeh was drenched from head to toe, her head heavy from tiredness and sleep deprivation. Her eyes could barely stay open and her head feels like it's gonna explode.

She only had two minutes to reach her class, Mr King's class, not only that but she didn't have a wink of sleep last night.

Her breathing was becoming shorter and shorter with each passing second, yet the cold freezing air that passed made her pause and take a huge gulp of air, frantic gasps escaped her blue lips, her lungs screamed in pain, along with her ribs, her lungs were on fire, screaming at her.

She didn't last long tho, as she started running again, and much faster, her legs felt like they were about to give up on her, but she couldn't let that happen, not on her watch.

Once the building came into view, she pushed herself a bit more and breathed in relief when she entered the hallway, she looked at her watch, 1 minute left, yet the students were still chatting and hanging out in the hallways.

A few snickers and whispers reached her ears, she glanced around and her eyes settled on a group of girls, pointing at her and whispering to each other while laughing at her messy state.

She wasn't exactly looking messed up, but her messy hair and red cheeks and red eyes, along with her pale face, was giving the wrong impression, yet she couldn't help but wonder, would one of the men be disgusted with how she was looking?

She felt her mood dampen with that thought, I mean, looking at the girls that were laughing at her, they are so pretty, with their flawless makeup and gorgeous bodies, she felt bad about herself.

She glanced the old thin sweater that she's wearing, her underweight body, her pale cheeks. Tears pricked her eyes but she didn't have time to cry and feel bad about herself, she had a class to attend.

With that thought she started making her way towards the lecture hall, shivering and clutching her bag tightly, pretending it was giving her the warmth and comfort she so desperately needed.

Entering, she quickly made her way towards the back, where she always sits. He still hasn't arrived yet.

Pulling out her notebook and pen, along with her laptop, she got her stuff ready and put her bad beside her feet.

She looked at her watch and just as the clock hit 8:00 he entered. Right on time.

His eyes instantly searched for her, and his heart settled when he made eye contact with her beautiful eyes.

He immediately felt at ease, her eyes bought calmness to his heart.

But he couldn't look distracted, especially not in-front of a lot of students.

Making his way to his desk he sat his briefcase down made sure to take the attendance, he collected the homework thats due today and started working on a new material.

Two hours passed and he made sure to inform everyone to expect a test the next time they see him.

After collecting his stuff he made sure everyone left the hall before he left, and as usual Nevaeh was always the one to leave last, yet he didn't know why.

He knew that she has a shy personality, but is that a reason to always leave the last? Or is there something more?

She passed him quickly, yet he got a whiff of her vanilla scent that drove him crazy every time she moved passed him.

He looked at her more closely, immediately noticing the thin seater she's wearing, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion and also in anger.

"Where's your coat, Miss Violet?" He questioned, his tone like usual, cold and demanding, yet a hint of softness.

Her feet stopped instantly, her body shivering from his tone and the cold, she didn't know if to turn around or not, she didn't want to look at his angry face, she figured.

Slowly, she turned her head back and gulped seeing how hard his eyes were looking while looking at her.

"I-it's in t-the laundry." She lied right through her teeth, hoping he'd believe her.

But he didn't.

He didn't and she knew that by the glare he gave her in return, but he didn't say anything, not now anyways.

"It's been in the laundry for a week?" He asked with a raise of his eyebrow, slightly smirking. 

Nevaeh opened her mouth to speak but she didn't know what to say, but suddenly anger rose in her,was he watching her?

"I don't believe that's your concern, Mr King." She spat his name out like it's poison. And with that he went out the door, without looking back.

Theodore on the other hand, was feeling a sense of happiness inside him. A smirk formed on his lips thinking about how they're going to punish her in the future. A brat hidden deep inside.

Looks like she isn't that shy after all.

—————-

Thoughts???