Chapter 18

It's now Thursday morning, Nevaeh was getting ready when her phone buzzed. Perplexed, she went ahead and saw that it was Hades who texted her.

Good morning love, Meet us in the office after you finish your classes.

She replied back and continued getting ready, making sure to avoid touching her heavily bruised wrist, which hasn't stopped paining since yesterday.

She did put some cream but it didn't seem to work, hence why she'd hiss every so often, touching it by mistake. She needs to be careful if she's gonna have to survive the rest of the day.

After she was done she got her stuff ready and headed out the door, she couldn't wait for the day to end, so she could sleep in tomorrow since she doesn't have any classes.

She continued walking along the uneven path, making sure to avoid people and making her bruised wrist slightly drop to her side.

While she wasn't looking she bumped in a taller person, a girl.

She looked up, her mouth ready to apologize, but her eyes widened, "J-Jade, I-I'm sorry, I didn't see you."

Jade gave her a smile, seeing how nervous the small girl is, "It's okay, I was looking for you anyway."

Nevaeh pulled her eyebrows together, "You were?"

Jade nodded, her lips pressed into a thin line, "Yes, we still have time before class starts, let's go have breakfast."

She grabbed Nevaeh's wrist, making her hiss and yank her hand out of her grip. Nevaeh cradled her wrist to her chest and clenched her eyes tightly, Laura had really done a number on her.

"What's wrong with your wrist?" Jade demanded, her face hard.

Nevaeh shook her head, backing away, she didn't want Jade to know, she'll think that she's weak and won't want to be her friend anymore.

"Nevaeh, show me your wrist." She ordered, moving closer to Nevaeh.

But Nevaeh wasn't having it, instead she backed away more, "N-no." Jade clenched her jaw, clearly not enjoying Nevaeh's stubbornness.

"Nevaeh, you either show me or I'll force you." She warned one last time, hoping her threat will work.

But it didn't.

"That's it." Jade moved quickly, she did it so fast that Nevaeh didn't have time to comprehend what happened, Jade, taking her wrist in her hand and rolling up the sleeve, revealing a dark, almost black big bruise, with nail marks visible.

"What the fuck?" She muttered, her eyes never leaving the sickly looking bruise.

Nevaeh tried snatching her hand back, but Jade tightened her hold, making Nevaeh whimper and stand still. Shame clear on her face.

"Who did this to you?" Jade demanded, looking at Nevaeh, fire blazing in her eyes, clearly mad and waiting for an answer.

"N-no o-one." She replied weakly, looking anywhere but Jade.

Jade clenched her jaw in anger, she roughly held Nevaeh's chin, making her look at her with wide eyes.

"Who.did.this?" She asked again through clenched teeth.

Tears filled Nevaeh's eyes, "L-Laura." She said, the few tears escaping her eyes, rolling down her cheeks.

"Who the fuck is Laura?" She asked, still not letting go of Nevaeh's chin, she wasn't done getting her answers and she isn't doing so until she does.

"M-my coworker." She said, sniffling a bit.

"Where do you work?" She asked.

"Jerry's bakery." Nevaeh answered, finally having some courage to look at Jade.