Chapter 34

Hades stirred in his sleep hearing crying, he ignored it at first, thinking maybe that he's dreaming, but as the sounds increased and sounded more real, his eyes snapped open.

His confused eyes searched for the sound of the crying, but his heart immediately cracked at the sight of Nevaeh crying in her sleep.

He got up and slowly moved closer to her, as soon as he touched her hand she screamed, alerting him even more.

He yanked his hand back, and got up from the bed, footsteps were heard in the hallway, he moved towards Nevaeh and gently touched her shoulder, making her cry even more.

Hades bedroom door slammed open seeing Theodore and Angel there with their guns in their hands.

When they saw nothing menacing they sighed in relief and tucked their guns away and walked further into the room.

They looked at each other with confusion clear on their faces, Hades gently moved a few strands of hair away from Nevaeh's face and leaned closer to her.

"Nevaeh baby, wake up." He gently shook her shoulder, but she still kept crying.

"What's wrong?" Angel asked as he moved closer.

Hades stood up from his bending position and replied, "I don't know, I heard her crying and tried waking her but nothings working."

Theodore remained silent as he thought about what to do. Without saying another word he took slow steps towards her, feeling his heart clench when a whimper escaped her parted lips.

He sat on the bed near her and put his hand on her shoulder, gently shaking, "Nevaeh darling, I need you to open your eyes." He whispered in her ear using a gently tone.

Nevaeh's eyebrows furrowed while the tears kept falling down her freckled face.

"Shh, it's okay, I need you to wake up now, you're just having a bad dream, okay?" He spoke once again.

In her unconscious state, Nevaeh heard a familiar voice, it was deep and calming, making her feel safe and comfortable. Yet it sounded so far away.

It seems like every time she tried reaching out to that calming and safe sound, it it traveled far away.

She wanted to reach out to that sound, but didn't know how to, but then she heard it again, "Nevaeh, open those pretty eyes for me." The soothing voice whispered again.

"Come on sweet girl, it's just a bad dream."

Nevaeh felt herself get pulled away from what her mind was forcing her to remember, she felt herself come back to her senses.

Her eyes snapped open as a big gasp escaped her, it felt like she couldn't breath after her nightmare, the same nightmare that hadn't left for years, always reminding her of what happened.

Always making sure that it's a part of her that will never leave her alone.

Her face was cupped gently as she was forced to look at Theodore, and as soon as they locked eyes her tears flowed freely down her pale freckled face.

"Oh sweetheart, come here." Theodore pulled her into his warm embrace, wrapped his arm around her slim waist and the other cradling her head that was in the crook of his neck.

Her pained cries and whimpers crushed his heart into a million pieces, he closed his eyes and he leaned his head back, a quite sigh leaving his lips.

"I know I know, let it all out, we're here for you." He spoke, leaving a soft tender kiss on the crown of her head.

She griped his bicep tightly, feeling safe and warm in his arms, her body relaxed and her cries decreased gradually until a few hiccups escaped her slightly wet lips.

Her throat was so dry she felt like she ate sand, she licked her lips, tasting the saltiness of her own tears. Her heart pounded against her chest, her breathing was a bit erratic.

"Shh, such a sweet girl, you're doing so good." Angel praised as he sat down next to them on the bed, running his hand through her soft silky hair.

Nevaeh sat still in Theodore's arms, staring into nothing. Her mind was still reliving that nightmare that couldn't seem to detangle itself from her.

The three men watched her as she stared right ahead of her, she was staring at the black screen of the television, staring at nothing but darkness.

Angel barely touched her hand when she flinched harshly, her wide frantic eyes snapping to his.

He yanked his hand away and moved a couple steps backwards, he didn't when what is happing nor what was she thinking, and so were the other two.

What had she dreamed about that freaked her out so much?

Nevaeh slowly turned her head towards the window, she started at the endless grounds of dark land that surrounds the property, she shuddered from how dark it is and how the tree bent from the wind.

They saw this and Hades decided to approach her slowly and calmly, "How about we get some cookies, Hmm?" His voice coming out softly so not to frighten her.

He gave her a gently smile as she nodded her head, Theodore stood up and put his arm under her thighs and the other rubbing up and down her back, rubbing small circles occasionally.

Quietly they made their way downstairs and Angel opened the jar of cookies that Eliot had specifically made for her.

He took out three cookies while Hades got a small plate, Nevaeh sat on Theodore's lap, her head lying on his shoulder as he massaged her scalp, slowly making her eyes get heavy.

"No, you gotta stay awake, you want those cookies right?" Angel spoke as he moved towards the sitting pair.

She lifted her head off Theodore's shoulder and slowly gazed up at Angel, her eyes showing how tired she really is.

"Come on sweetheart, finish those cookies so you can get back to bed." He cupped the side of her face and rubbed her cheek with his thumb then stood up straight again.

Nevaeh took a cookie and took a small bite, nodding after chewing and nibbling on it some more, "It's good, I like it." She whispered, her voice coming out a bit scratchy and heavy with sleep.

They smiled as Hades replied, "Eliot's gonna be happy."

She smiled a small smile after finishing her cookies she lied her head on Theodore's shoulder and not even a minute later her breathing evened out, indicating she has fallen asleep.

The same question they've been thinking about for a while now,

What happened in that dream, or was it really a dream?

Hey guys!! Hope all are well! I haven't updated in a while but I will soon!!

So in honor of my birthday I'm updating a chapter for you guys to enjoy while I finish another one! I hope you like it and tell me what you think!!!