Chapter 37

It didn't take long for Nevaeh to get bored, hence why she decided to roam around the huge house for a bit, there were many rooms she wasn't aware of, but they were mostly noting important, just guest rooms and a couple storage rooms.

She reached a dark hallway, although it was day outside, it looked like their was no light in here.

She reached a couple of doors and they caught her eye, looking like it was holding important stuff, more importantly, secrets.

They looked like offices, maybe this is where they do their work? She wasn't entirely sure.

She shakily touched one of the offices door knob, looking left and right, like something or someone would come and expose her, she was nervous, to say the least.

And just as she starting trying to open the door, a slam that shook the whole house was heard.

She flinched back with a yelp, her heart going erratic in her chest, her hand leaving the door knob like it burnt her.

But she couldn't think about that right now, someone was in the house! But who?!

Quietly she backed away from the doors, her eyes still locked on them, almost like they want her to enter, like they're were calling for her to open it.
Whispering her name, taunting her.

But another loud sound had her snapping back to reality. With a thumping heart, she started walking towards the staircase, she thought about calling one of the men, but she quickly shook off the thought, they're busy. She didn't want to disturb them, especially when they had left only a while ago.

'I don't want to be a burden.'

Once she reached the top of the glass stairs she took a step on shaky legs. Only to freeze when she heard the voice.

"ScheiBe!" The voice spoke with a hiss.

Nevaeh immediately ran down the stairs, her breaths coming out in small puffs.

She reached the living room where the voice came and immediately froze in her tracks. Her eyes widened and her lips parted in fear and shock.

"Angel!" She ran to him, noticing the huge blood stain coating his white button up on his shoulder and chest, and abdomen.

"Shit!" A grunt left his mouth, his arm leaning on the couch.

His chest heaved up and down, his breaths coming out in short pants, his forehead was sweating.

Nevaeh immediately ran to his side, her eyes filling with tears, "O-oh m-my god." She put her hands over her head while also staring at him.

"I-I'm fine, s-sweetheart." He spoke through gritted teeth, a groan of obvious pain leaving his lips.

"Fine?!" She yelled, surprising him through his pain.

"You're obviously not fucking fine!" She yelled again before taking a deep breath in before letting it out.

"Can you walk?" She asked, her voice much calmer and more normal.

He nodded his head, his tongue darting out to lick his lips.

Nevaeh wrapped an arm around his waist and his other arm over her shoulder, slowly they started walking towards the staircase, stopping a couple of times for Angel to take a couple short breaths before walking again.

They took one step at a time, stopping for a short break and then continuing. Once they reached the top they walked to his room and then his bathroom.
He was heavy, compared to her.