MEETING

Author's note : Hi, this is my second story, I'm also writing a one shots book if you want to check ;)

I'm french, english isn't my native language, sorry for the mistakes !

Don't hesitate to send me ideas and requests for the next parts.

Take care x

TW : Mention of Abuse

Sarah POV :

Holland and I have a big house, a big backyard and so much love to give. We are happy together, and with Winnie our dog, but we want more.

That's when we heard about children being abused by their parents, who needed somewhere to live, and someone who could give them the love they deserve. At first we didn't want to adopt a child, but just help one of them before they find a loving family. It was better than the orphanage. So Holland and I decided to sign up for as foster care.

One day, a woman came to our house to check if it was safe and she asked us a lot of questions. She then texted us saying that we were finally a foster care family and it makes our days ever since, even if we didn't have a child in need yet.

On a sunny Sunday, the woman called us because she needed our help. A lot of children were adopted, but one of them was in the foster care system since a long long time and not one family wanted to keep them. At first we weren't sure we were the good person for this child because it would be our first foster child, but the idea of letting a child in need in an orphanage or in bad families was too horrible so we agreed.

Apparently she was a brunette girl with cute curls and pink cheeks, and her name was Elizabeth. The woman on the phone told us that she would arrive the Monday so we set everything up before she came live with us for a while. We knew that it would be temporary, until she finds a real family but we were so happy to help.

Monday came quickly and I honestly didn't get a lot of sleep. Holland was trying to reassure me but I was so stressed. How I was supposed to take care of a kid ? I should have read books, but I didn't think about it before. I am very very stressed.

Lizzie (Elizabeth) POV

When they told me a new foster family was okay to take care of me, I was scared. I didn't like the orphanage but I had so many mean families, it could been one of them. Helena, the woman who manages the families came early on Monday. I finished packed my things and I came downstairs to meet her.

"Hi Lizzie."

"Hi Helena."

"Ready to meet your new foster home and family ?" She asked me enthusiastically.

I answered her with a fake smile and I stepped in her car. I know Helena since my childhood, since my parents drop me at the orphanage actually, I was a baby I don't remember, but that's what they told me. She was here all the time to check on me, and ever since she helped me when I had difficult times in families. My home changed so many time, I can't even count. So today, I didn't have any expectations. I was used to everything they could do to me and I was ready to affront what was coming, even if I was too tired to fight.

We stopped in front of a huge house, hiding by big trees.

"It's here !" Screamed Helena while she was taking my bags out of the car.

"Wow, it's huge." I said.

"Yes, nothing like the previous one ! Maybe it's the good one ?" Helena asked with a smile on her face.

"It's only temporary and you know it." I replied, my smile was fading.

Sarah POV :

I heard a car stopping in front of our house and I looked by the window. I recognized the car from the woman who called us and came here before. But I wasn't able to see the little girl until I heard the ring.

"It's her !!" I screamed to Holland who was currently reading a book on our couch. She stood up and came with me to the door. I took a deep breathe and I opened it.

I looked up and down and I discovered the girl. But she wasn't a child, she was a teenager ! The woman on the phone never mentioned that. I mean, it's fine ! I don't really care ! But I didn't have the time to prepare myself. I stared at her for few seconds until Helena spoke.

"Hello Misses Paulson and Taylor ! And that's Elizabeth !"

I didn't say a word, I was stuck into my thoughts and Holland took the lead.

"Well, nice to meet you Elizabeth."

"Hi." She simply answered. She seemed scared and tired, nothing like the girl Helena described. She was pale and skinny and god, she seemed so sad and tired of life.