ONLY YOU

TW : Mention of Drugs, Anxiety

Sarah POV :

I was sitting in the kitchen, at the counter, my face in my hands. Holland was holding me from behind as I was crying since few hours. Lizzie's leaving was far more difficult than I imagined. I was so worried for her and I just wanted to make sure she was okay, but she had still no phone, I was looking to buy one to her next week so she could chose the case and the right color but we didn't have the time, she left so quickly. Holland was trying to ease me but it was no use, I was too sad. Suddenly, we both jumped when we heard the phone ringing.

"Hello ?"

"Hi Miss Paulson, it's Helena from the foster care system. Do you have two minutes to talk ?"

I put loudspeaker for Holland to participate to the discussion and I told Helena that we were ready. I was waiting for her to rapidly present the next child we were going to receive, but she immediately mentioned Lizzie.

"Lizzie ?!" I asked as my eyes went wide. "Is she okay ??"

"In fact, she isn't. We found her totally breaking down in a store, the manager called us because Lizzie had the card of the orphanage in her pocket and we picked her up. She is currently with the doctor, but she refuses to move, she is in a ball and she don't speak or look at us. I know you have the capacity to talk to her, maybe you could come to help us understand what happened ?"

I looked at Holland and I was speechless. I was worried for my sweet Lizzie but I was so shocked, I tried the whole day understanding the fact that I won't never see her again and now, it's like I'm the only one who can help her.

"Miss Paulson ? I'm sorry I shouldn't have ask that. Drop it-"

"No ! No, we're on our way. We're going straight to the orphanage. Don't make her do anything she doesn't want to do, especially being touch by a man."

"Okay." Whispered Helena.

Holland and I jumped in the car and she drove as fast as she could to the orphanage. When we were there, we ran inside to be meet by a concerned Helena.

"Where is she ?!" I immediately demanded. Helena showed me a room and when I entered, I saw Lizzie, alone, sitting at the corner of the room. Her legs were against her chest and her face was hidden in her hands and knees. I slowly approached her, and cleared my throat to make my presence evident, but she was still motionless.

"Hey sweetheart, it's Sarah. Holland is in the corridor with Helena and I'm here now. I'm here for you my love. Can I come closer to you ?" I asked her.

Lizzie POV :

I heard Sarah talking to me. At first, I didn't understand why she was here. But it made me feel so much more comfortable. I needed her. At the moment I left the orphanage to go with my parents, I needed her. And now more than ever, I needed her. I raised my head but my eyes remained closed, and I nodded. She crouched in front of me and I could feel her warm breathe on my pale skin.

"Can I hold you ?"

I nodded again, and I felt her cozy embrace around my shaking body. When she put me on her lap I buried my head in her chest and hearing her heartbeat was a feeling I missed so badly. She was shushing sweet things and I started to relax. Being in her arms felt like a home, and I wanted to go back to her house.

"Sar, I want home." I whispered so quietly that she didn't hear me at first.

"What honey ?"

"I want to go home." I said a bit louder.

"Oh sweet girl, I wish I could take you home, but now you're leaving with your parents. What happened love ?" She demanded.

"I- they were rude and weird. They were smocking weed and taking other drugs and it scared me. Then I noticed that the name on my father in his ID wasn't my last name and I think they're liars. I don't think they're my real parents." I replied burying my head further on her comfortable body. She sighed but said nothing and we stayed like that for few minutes until she spoke.

"I'm going to talk to Helena. Is that okay with you ?"

"Yes but please, don't leave me. Not again."

"I won't never leave you Lizzie."