SECRETS

TW : Mention of Abuse, Suicidal Thoughts, Rape, Starvation...

Lizzie POV :

Holland and I went out to have a picnic. We were in a park and it was lovely. We started eating our sandwiches.

"How are you feeling honey ? It's been a few days that you're with us, I hope you like the city and the house, and of course our company ?" Asked Holland before taking a bite in her sandwich.

"I'm fine. And I enjoy being here, you're very nice with me."

"That's normal honey, we're here to make you feel comfortable, before you find a great family to take care of you."

I sighed at this statement and Holland noticed it.

"What is it darling ?"

"I won't find a great family." I replied looking down.

"Don't say that ! You'll find someone to take care of you, it's just a matter of time." Holland said trying to cheer me up.

"No it's not. I'm already sixteen, no one wants to adopt a teenager. They all want a little pretty toddler. Who wants to be bothered by a young complicated girl ?" I asked tears filling my eyes.

Holland put her sandwich down and she delicately set two fingers under my chin to make me look at her.

"We want it."

"What ?"

"We want to take care of a pretty young woman, like you." She said wiping my tears.

"But it's temporary, one day some creepy people will take me to abuse me, again. And then they'll abandon me again, until another couple find me interesting for something else, and then it'll go on, over and over... Forever." I managed to say between sobs.

"We won't let that happen to you again Lizzie. Understood ?" Stated Holland.

I simply nodded and finished my sandwich.

Sarah POV :

I needed to learn new lines for the new serie I was playing in, but I couldn't focus on it. Lizzie's notebook was on my mind and I needed to see what she was writing in it.

I stepped out of my office and walked in Lizzie's bedroom. Her notebook was in the nightstand and I took it, then sat on her bed. I opened it where there was a ribbon, to mark the last page she wrote. I read it and she was writing about her evening with us, when we played board games and ate sushi. She seemed very happy on those pages and it made me smile.

I turned few pages prior, and I could see two twisted and curled pages. I thought she might have cried while writing, and I read what it was about.

'Once again, they abandoned me. Of course, what was I thinking ? They never keep me. But that's for the best because I couldn't handle the pain. I hope the next family will hit me less, I don't know how much longer I can do that. I've been thinking of taking those pills I keep I case, but I'm scared. Scared of dying, of suffering, even if it'll ease my pain. It can't be as painful as being raped, or tied, or starved for days...'

I could feel my own tears falling on those pages. She really thought about killing herself ? And no one noticed ? I felt so bad, but I needed to know more about those abuses. I turned again few pages.

'My new family seems lovely. They sent me cards, and clothes. It looks a bit little for me, but it's so nice. I can't wait to meet them !'

And look at the page next to this one, and I gasped, unable to hold my scream.

'Those clothes, they were voluntarily little. They forced me to strip in front of unknown people, and then, these people paid my foster parents to be able to do things with my body. They raped me, they hurt me, they did so many things to me, I can't even remember every thing. I have to escape.'

Then, some pages were ripped off, and I couldn't take it anymore. I quickly closed the notebook and put it on her bed. I ran to my bathroom and I cried. I cried for few hours, until I heard the front door.

"Sarah my love ! We're home !" Yelled Holland from downstairs. I quickly wiped my stained face and I jumped in the shower.

I heard Holland entering the bathroom while I was showering.

"Hi darling, how was you day ?" She asked.

"Fine." I murmured.

"Are you okay ?" She sounded worry.

"Yes. I mean no." I turned off the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. "I need to talk to you about something."