ESCAPING

Hi guys, I'm sorry it's been a while since I've updated this story, but I don't know if it's a good idea to write about mental heatlh issues while I'm in the hospital, being treated for mental health issues... Anyways, I'll keep udpating for now because I have some parts in advance and then I'll see if it still helps me cope or if  it's bad for my mental health, I hope you understand...

Are you all okay love ? <3

Take care x

TW : Anxiety, PTSD, Light Mention of Abuse

Lizzie POV :

I looked at the doctor before she asked me if she could touch me. I shivered but I nodded. She took my blood pressure and did a complete check up. I wasn't comfortable but I felt so weak so I let her do her job. Sarah was watching me from the other side of the room, with dark circles under her eyes. I knew it was my fault that she was exhausted and I felt so bad, so guilty. I wanted to cry but I fought the tears.

After few minutes, the doctor finished examining me and took Sarah to talk on the corridor, but I overheard their conversation.

"She is okay. Her physical health is fine, but she needs to regain strength a bit, and I don't recommend her going outside for now, or walking too much. She needs to rest and she mustn't do things that can make her even more tired than she already is."

"Thank you Meredith, thank you so much." Sarah said.

"And one more thing, I recommend you to take an appointment with a therapist, as soon as you can. She seems unstable and I can't imagine what she's been through."

Sarah didn't answered but I knew she agreed with the doctor. She walked her to the door and came back to my side.

"Hi sweet girl."

I looked at her without speaking.

"Are you hungry ? You must be starving be now. What do you want to eat ? I can make you whatever you want, or we can order. As you like." She said, stroking my hair. I moved a bit because I didn't want to be touched and she stepped away.

"I'm sorry honey, I should've asked before touching you. So what are you up for ?" She asked again.

I shrugged.

"I noticed you like the sushi from last time, is it okay if I order some for you ?"

I simply nodded and she left the room, but she stopped at the door frame and turned towards me.

"I'll be downstairs. If you need anything, call me. I'm not leaving. Okay ?"

"Mmmh." I replied.

When I heard her footsteps downstairs, I stood up. I was a bit unsteady but I managed to reach the bathroom, and when I lifted my head to look at myself in the mirror, I gasped. I was so pale, so skinny, I never saw myself like that and it scared me. I started to panic again, and I needing to seek help. I walked weakly downstairs to find Sarah, but before I entered the kitchen, I heard her and Holland talking about me.

"I don't know what to do. Look at her, she's desperate, I really don't know how we can help her." Sarah stated.

"We need to call Helena, the woman who manages the foster families." Holland answered.

I froze at what she said. They were going to send me away ! Like all the other families. But they were the nicest, always caring for me, I wanted to stay with them, or at least, I didn't want to go to another foster family, because they are always so horrible. So I came back to my bedroom, and I figured out I needed to leave before Helena arrived to take me back to the orphanage, and then to another foster house. I started packed my things, until I heard Sarah coming back with the food. I jumped in my bed, pretending to be resting, like that doctor demanded me to do.

"Dinner is here !"

"Thanks." I murmured when she put a tray of sushi on my bed.

"Do you want me to eat with you ?" She asked gently.

I shook my head and Sarah seemed sad.

"Okay well, I'll leave you and I'll come back in few minutes to check if everything's fine. How does that's sounds ?"

"Good." I answered cold.

Sarah left and I stood up again, nearly falling because of my dizziness. I finished packing my stuff and then I put the sushi on my pockets, for later. I thought I needed to keep them in case I was really weak.

I walked down the stairs, but I couldn't escape because Holland and Sarah were in the kitchen, and I needed to pass the kitchen in order to reach the front door, so I came back upstairs, and I opened the window. It wasn't too high, but enough to break a bone, I thought to myself. But if I managed to reach the gutter, I could escape more easily without jumping. So I did it. I grabbed the rain gutter and let myself slide until I reached the floor, but suddenly, the gutter was slippy and I let go my grip. I fell on the ground, and a harsh pain on my ankle and my knee made me scream a little, but I immediately covered my mouth. I took my bag which fell next to me, and I stood up. At this point, I was unsteady, dizzy, weak and starving, and in addition my left leg was hurting me so bad, but with the adrenaline, I managed to run away from Sarah and Holland's house.