Chapter 1: Hope is an interesting thing.

Everyone saw what just happened with Megan, the king decapitated her live on TV for thousands of people to watch live and all throughout the kingdom, there was fear and shock in the eyes of every citizen....except for a few special ones, hidden in the capital in a seemingly average and innocent enough looking house is a rebellion, a rebellion with the intentions on overthrowing the king and their leader: Hope Kingston, a tough no nonsense yet relaxed at the same time young woman, although except for one person, no one knows Hope's personal reasons for wanting to dethrone the king, only her public ones which are the same as every other rebel member.

"Ms Ki- I mean Hope, we've just received an update." A pink haired person says, they are wearing a leather biker outfit, complete with gloves, however on their face, they have a headset, presumably to communicate with Hope and the rebels whenever she goes out.

"Oh? Do tell Megan." The young woman looks over to the pink haired person, although her eyesight is obstructed by her hockey mask, there is an earpiece that is dangling from her left ear, presumably, it's so that she can communicate with rebels, alongside that, she has messy blue hair which was styled so that it doesn't completely get in the way of her eyes, attached to the back of her jean jacket was an assault rifle which is most likely used when combating the king's guards, however under her jean jacket is a white plain hoodie with nothing too outstanding about it, on her legs, she has slightly ripped but still easily usable jeans on along with army style combat boots.

"Because of the decapitation a few minutes ago, the kings guards are currently preoccupied, we may have the chance to at least scout the castle looking for possible entrances." Megan says, sounding determined.

"That may be true, however we don't know how many are currently preoccupied and whether or not that changes the amount of guards on sight anytime someone is executed, plus we also don't know if guard rotations change per execution, knowing him....I wouldn't be surprised if the rotation does change." She replies, clear disappointment in her voice, it's clear to both her and Megan that she wanted to scout the castle but it may very well be for nothing because no one can tell when the next execution will be.

"I get that you wanted to do this Megan, I really do, hell I want to do it as well but logic says otherwise." She says with the same disappointed tone in her voice.

Megan sighs "I understand Hope" There's a look of sadness in her eyes, but it doesn't seem to be from the rejection of the scouting and Hope notices this.

"Hey, you ok Megan?" She asks in a calm and comforting voice.

Hearing that caught Megan off guard, she knows that Hope considers her a friend but still is not used to it. "Y...y...yeah, I am, it's just that..." She trails off, indicating that a part of her does want to talk about whatever's on her mind but another part doesn't.

"Hey Megan, it's ok." Hope pulls Megan into a hug "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, just take your time and tell me when you're ready because I know how hard it is to say things you want to say but can't bring myself to, hell I spent around 4 months before I was ready to tell you the truth." she says in that same calming and comforting voice as before.

"Y...y...y...you really mean that Hope?" There are tears starting to form in her eyes and stream down Megan's face.

"Yes I do, every single word, just take your time Megan and tell me when you're ready to tell me." Hope replies.

Instead of replying, Megan starts crying in the hug and Hope just continues hugging them to let her cry.

Soon after, Megan stops crying and looks up at hope. "You ok there Megan? That sounded like you really needed to let it out."