Chapter 2: Then again, so is Despair.

A room filled with nothing, just pure blackness, no-one in sight, The King soon regains his composure.
"HELLO!!!!!" He bellows as loud as he can, not knowing that no-one can hear him.
"LUCA, IF THIS IS ONE OF YOUR PRANKS I'M NOT GONNA BE HAPPY" He bellows out again but still no response from anyone at all.
Instead of trying to get someone's attention, he just keeps walking onwards with the sound of footsteps echoing throughout the blank room.
'THUMP, THUMP, THUMP' The sound of The King's footsteps echoing.
'BATHUMP, BATHUMP, BATHUMP' The sound of his heart beating at a much louder volume.
Without warning, he hears another set of footsteps and looks around only to find...nothing there, he tries to look back the way he was going but because of the blank room, he can't figure it out and as such, starts walking in a different direction.
'THUNK, THUNK, THUNK' The sound of a second set of footsteps that are nearing him, however he turns around again and...nothing so he just continues walking but this time, taking things slowly and putting his right hand where his sword should be.
A creepy and childlike voice can be heard coming from somewhere.
"Circle you, circle you Children 'you just lost the game' circle you, circle you. Don't run away, you're the same, before the moon sets aside. Cut their neck off as they cried. Circle you, circle you. Who surrounds you everywhere?"
The voice just keeps repeating that over and over, after five loops, more join in then more, until there's ten voices that can be heard at which point, figures with empty eye sockets, bright white hair can be seen and all of them are each holding a replica of The King's sword, except every single one of them has blood on the edge of it and dripping off, making a drip sound as it hits the ground.
Alongside that, each sword also has a name and a number on it:
Aoife 15
Gordon 19
Sean 16
Matthew 20
Sophia 18
Megan 39
Lee 42
Alfie 50
Athena 45
Laura 51
Eventually each person and sword are all circling the king slowly while they repeat that line in a creepy and childlike manor, he tries to get up multiple times but is shoved down when each figure pushes him back to his knees, although their hands can't be seen, on their wrists a chain is just barely visible.
After the figures stop singing, the swords and the eyes just suddenly disappear and The King is able to get back up easily.
"IF I FIND OUT WHO DID THAT..." Before he could finish, a figure starts to speak.
"su ot sht dd oy" One of them said in the same creepy and childlike tone
"taf roy lla si sht" A second one said in the exact same tone.
After the second one stops speaking, the eyes disappear, no signs of anyone or anything anywhere until The King just collapses onto the ground.

Suddenly and without warning, the king wakes up with a cold sweat going down his body, he looks around his room to see that nothing has changed, it has a giant king sized bed against a wall at the back, the walls have a pitch black paint job, meanwhile the carpet has a checkered pattern on it and is coloured dark purple, the room is lit up by a chandelier which which is also showing the roof which is a vanilla colour.
After a few minutes of gaining his composure, the king gets off the bed, gets into his suit and leaves the room.

When he leaves the room, he is greeted by a dark and dreary hallway which has a marble floor with a black and white paint job, the grey sky coming in through the windows and no-one else there thus making a louding echoing sound every time the king walks in the room or when anyone else walks down the hallway.
The king walks down the hallway for a few minutes until he gets to a set of giant double doors at which point, he opens them then slams them as he walks into the throne room.

"SOLDIERS!!!" He shouts with a ton of dominance in his voice and as if on cue, three guards come running to the throne room and stand straight up facing the king while saluting.

"YES YOUR MAJESTY?!?" Each guard says in a disciplined manner.

"Today, I have a special mission for you." He says in response.
"I want you three to take some soldiers to this location." He pulls up a holographic map which shows the same base that the rebels are planning to destroy.
"I got wind that today, the rebels are planning to do something with this and as such I want you all to take some of our finest men to not only defend the place but also arrest some rebels and bring them to me directly and if any of you gets the rebel leader well then...Let's just say that there's a massive promotion heading your way." The king continues.
"So, any questions?" He asks.