Chapter 3: Hope comes from a weird place.

The three rebels were standing by the closed door, only a few minutes left on the timer and added onto that, only two more attempts before the place goes kaboom, before they attempt the second to last code attempt, they hear footsteps coming and as a response, Gothboy and Gasmask turn around and train their guns on the figures, however those three don't have their guns on them, instead they have their hands up.

"Don't shoot, we don't mean any harm." The middle one says in a panicked tone.

"Oh yeah? You have the masks that the King's guards wear, so sorry if we don't believe you." Gothboy says in a pissed off tone.

"Look, it's understandable if you don't believe us, however this might help you realise that we don't want to hurt you." After saying that, all three take off their masks and on the right is a young person, who looks around the same age as Gothboy, however under his dark red eyes, there are bags which indicates that the guard on the right hasn't had much sleep lately, not only that but the tone on their face reads as a pissed off 24/7 tone, alongside that his hair is short, spiky and dyed a mix of dark green and dark red.

"My name is Jacob." The one on the right says.

The guard in the middle is next to take their mask off is the middle one and unlike Jacob, they don't have any bags under their eyes, however there is a scar on the right side of their mouth, not only that but there is also a bandage flat where their nose should be and their hair is a natural blonde with it covering their left eye, their right eye however is clearly visible and is a hazel colour.

"I'm Alfie." The middle one responds.

The final guard takes off their mask and on their face is a determined look, however unlike the other two, they don't have any distinguishable features and seem sort of plain with the exception of their hair which is half neat and half messy plus dyed pink.

"And I'm RIley." The one on the left says.

"And we care about your names, why?" Gasmask asks in the same tone as Gothboy from before.

"Because we want to propose an alliance." Alife says.

"An...alliance?" Hockface responds in a confused tone.

"Yes, All six of us have a common interest: We all hate the king and how he's running things." Jacob responds.

"So, our offer is this: We join the Blood Renegades until your end goal is complete, which I'm assuming is to dethrone the king, correct?" He continues.

"You'd assume correctly, although we never really made it any secret that that's our end goal." Hockface replies.

"How can we trust you!!!" Gothboy says while snapping at the three guards.

"You five, we can't fight now, we're still on a timer." Hockface says.

Reluctantly, Gasmask and Gothboy put down their guns and the three guards put down their hands.

"If you want to get out, I know a secret way out that's only supposed to be accessible by the guards." Riley says.

"You sure? This isn't some sort of trap?" Gasmask asks.

"It's understandable that you're sceptical so I can't blame you for asking that, however right now, we don't have much choice, so lead the way you three." Hockface says.

"Not just yet, there is one more thing." Jacob says.

"Ooooooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffffffffffff course there is, what is it?" Gothboy says.

"We need a little bit of Gasmask's hair, Gothboy's bowtie and Hockface's mask." Alfie says.

"Why so?" Gasmask asks in a sceptical tone.