Chapter 6: Receive and Turn You Part 2

Henry is leaning over the weapons, crying, while the hooded figure is just standing in the shadows, whoever they are, they clearly knew something...or at the very least, more than they let on and somehow, they seemed to know Henry but how? All these thoughts and more were flying in his head at a million MPH but he didn't have time to think about this, so Science Lab managed to somehow put them to one side and start working on the blueprints the king gave him, including a rather unique one that was very different to the weapons that he had been asked to make, but how different? Only time would tell.

"Heh, putting work before your own mental health? You haven't changed at all." The figure says quietly, it's in a volume that Science lab can't hear, or if he could, he ignored it due to the work.

While Science Lab is working, The King walks in, he seems like he was going to say something but after noticing that he's in his element, he just places something on a counter nearby and leaves the room.

A few hours later, SL stops working and almost faints due to the amount he worked, out of instinct and without thinking the figure rushes out to catch him, however, once they realise what they're doing it's too late and they catch him.

After catching him, the figure puts SL on a chair and gets him some water, unbeknownst to the figure, however, a bit of red is coming through the hood.

"Thank you..." SL says

"You're welcome, just...don't overwork yourself...please..." The figure replied.

But wait, who is this figure exactly? And why do they care about him despite not knowing each other for long? Those questions and more were racing through SL's mind faster than a certain blue hedgehog and as such, he held his head in both his hands and started screaming, this figure definitely seemed familiar to Science Lab, but how? Not knowing this was starting to drive him crazy and he was trying his hardest not to show it.

Upon realising what's happening, the figure swallowed and takes off their hood, upon doing so SL is shown a very familiar sight and upon seeing the person, it all comes back to him.

"....M...M...Max?" He said, trying not to burst into tears.

"Yep, sorry about being secretive, I just kinda had no choice." He replied.

Not knowing what to say, Science lab just instead hugs his old boyfriend, despite being kidnapped by him on the order of the king. Although he's caught off guard, Max returns the hug and strokes Henry's hair the same way he used to do it back before everything started, upon being stroked like that, Henry proceeds to cry into Max's chest.

"It's ok, just let it all out Henry, you've got plenty of time." Max said in a calming tone.

Around twenty minutes went by and Henry eventually stopped crying, he rubbed his eyes and then he sat down opposite Max.

After regaining his composure, Henry starts asking Max questions that were on his mind.

"Why did you become a bounty hunter?" Was Henry's first question.

"Well, initially I wanted to be a part of the rebellion but I didn't get accepted cause I failed the training and I have no interest in working for the royal guards, so I basically just took the more exciting of the two only options available to me: Be a bounty hunter who takes no sides," Max replied.

"What was the other option?" Science Lab asked in a curious tone.

"Blend in with everyday people." He replied.

"Oh right, you never really were one for blending in with the masses, makes sense then, secondly: How'd you track me down?"

"Oh I didn't, I was given the location by The King, he knows where the rebel base is." Max responded.