One - "Home sweet home."

Names. I was never good with names, I would watch people work in Amity and see them everyday, I could tell you who worked where, but I couldn't tell you a single letter of their name. This scared me. 'Will' was a name I woke up with.

It slowly left my lips as the feeling of it made me want to fall. Whenever I closed my eyes I could see his face that had been stained red from blood. I knew it was Tris that shot him, she never told me but she couldn't lie to save her life. She didn't try to lie to me anymore, that is probably why our relationship will never be the same.

I look out the doors of the train as it ran across the tracks, jumping every now and again. Tobias crouched and placed his hand on my shoulder but I didn't pay attention. It was a nice gesture of comfort, but I didn't need it. I wasn't grieving Will, not like I was when I saw him. I just never wanted to say his name again or be in a conversation where he was mentioned. Grieving wasn't a thing to me, dying is normal, but it wasn't something I thought I would see at sixteen.

An hour had passed since...whatever this mess was and pressure wouldn't stop building in my chest. I wouldn't be able to breathe soon, but I kept staring outside, looking for something to distract me.

"Y/n," Tobias leaned over and tried to look at me. "Come on." I look over at him. I saw blue eyes that looked at me worriedly. "We need to jump." Jump. I was first told that when I had chosen Dauntless, I had to jump off of a train onto a roof. I look back out the door and realise why I couldn't find anything to distract me, it was too dark. It was light a minute ago. But we must be getting close to the fence if we are to jump.

Tobias helps me to my feet and takes me to the doorway. Nothing that has just happened in the past hour was normal, but returning to Amity was the hardest thing I will be doing today. I watch as people jump off, Peter, Marcus then Caleb. I feel Tobias about to take my hand before I jump off of the train. He follows a few moments after.

I ignore everyone else as I stand up and brush off my jeans. I observe my surroundings. We were several yards away from the Amity roads that the trucks use. I start feeling sick to my stomach when I realise I used to ride those trucks everyday. Someone places a hand on my shoulder and I turn to see Tris. "Are you okay?" I shrug.

"Do I get to be not?" People had lost much more than I had today, but I couldn't tell if the world was crushing my shoulders, I couldn't feel anything. It reminded me of Al, and I didn't want to go that far back. I look up at the fence.

"There are supposed to be Dauntless guards here," says Marcus. "Where are they?"

"Everyone was affected by the simulation, apologies if most of us don't want to go back to our jobs quite yet." I sneered. Marcus wasn't somebody I was going to be polite to, he's not government anymore. The simulation seemed so surreal, the hard drive in my pocket was the only thing reminding me it was real. I didn't stick around to watch the aftermath, jobs for Dauntless probably weren't a thing anymore, unless you chose to join Erudite.

Tobias walks over to a small box on the side of the gate and opened it. Dauntless worked the gate and fence, I never really questioned how they keep people out. "Let's hope Erudite didn't change the combination." He punches in numbers, ending on the eighth one and smiling slightly when it clicked open.

"How did you know that?" Caleb asked. He was another one I didn't trust fully, he turned from his family for someone they hated. I done the same, but I don't trust myself with most either.

"I worked in the Dauntless control room, monitoring the security system. We only changed the codes twice a year."

"How lucky." Caleb looked weary.

"Luck has nothing to do with it, I only worked there because I wanted to make sure I could get out." There was something about Tobias talking about 'getting out'. He talked as if we were trapped, in some way we are, but that would mean everything is locked to us. Nothing is ever truly locked.