Nineteen - Stealth mission it is.

"Little more..." I rolled my eyes, moving my body until I was almost lying on my arms behind me, my legs being forced to hang off of the bed, and the skin on my stomach stretching to the point I thought the shot would open up again. I stayed quiet, looking anywhere but the Dauntless nurse they had do my check before I became a 'useful' member once again.

"You're..." I raised an eyebrow as I heard her voice trail off as quick as it had started, looking at her from the corners of my eyes. She almost looked as nervous as I did. After a few seconds I leaned back, tilting my chin towards the ceiling and sighing.

"You've already got me out of my shirt, a bit of conversation wouldn't hurt." I said as I scratched my eyebrow before placing my arm behind me again. I felt a small change in the way she was stitching the wound, faltering for a moment.

"You were a Dauntless initiate right? Number-"

"Maybe it would hurt," I quickly cut her off as I watched her from the corners of my eyes, feeling a dressing being put over my stitches, I moved away from her, smoothing down the dressing and throwing on my shirt. I buttoned the last button as a few Dauntless men walked into the room, carrying a girl whose leg refused to move. "Tori?" I asked confused as I watched them place her onto a bed and tie her.

My eyebrows furrowed as I was suddenly ignored by everyone in the room and they huddled around Tori. I stayed still, my eyes darting around before I quickly left the room and made my way down to the gathering room of Candor, spotting Tris almost immediately. "Tori's here." I said as soon as I got close enough.

"I know..." She nodded slowly, a small smile playing on her face combating my shocked and confused one. "So is Zeke."

"Where is he then?" I asked as I sat down beside her.

"In the interrogation room." I nodded as I scratched the back of my neck, a small chuckle leaving.

"That's a warm welcome." I muttered to myself, placing my chin on my hand. What the hell am I supposed to do anymore? I don't have any use to the people of Candor, apart from being a gold coin for peace. The factionless will just use me, and I'll just use them. I'm injured... and tired... and sick of all of it.

So much used to happen within a few minutes, and it's starting to feel like I would have to kick a generator to get anything exciting to run for more than one.

"I..." before I could think I was already beginning to say something else, and I hate that I caught it, because I didn't know what I wanted or what I was thinking anymore. "I don't know..." I muttered as I looked at Tris, my head lazy on my hand.

Tris looked at me for a moment, her eyes wandering before she shrugged and nodded. "I've felt like that too..." she muttered back. "No purpose, no want, no need. Just..."

"Keep living." I finished with a nod. "How... how long has Zeke been in interrogation?"

"Ten minutes... maybe more?" I nodded before sighing and cracking my neck. "What are you thinking?" I stayed quiet and shook my head, speaking as quiet as I ever thought possible.

"For once? Absolutely nothing." I said as I leaned back in my seat. "I..." I stopped again. I should be worrying, should be scared of what Erudite is doing and will continue to do, being a good shot won't change anything. Why can't being a good shot change anything?

"You...?" Tris asked slowly as she watched me expectantly, her head tilted slightly. I stayed quiet before smiling softly and shaking my head.

"Nothing. I think... I'm going to go and have a nap." I said as I stood up, my hand instinctively covering my dressed wound. Before anyone could say anything I continued walking, going back to the cramped room full of non-Candor.