Four - "Pull yourself the fuck together."

I sat on my bed, hearing a hum of talking coming from the cafeteria. I should join everyone soon, I thought. I look at my fingers as I play with them, I try to get rid of my annoyed face, but I couldn't. Ever since I woke up, I've been annoyed with Four and I's conversation. I hated the fact I agreed because I thought I couldn't do anything else, what could I do? It didn't matter much anyway, I still had a feeling it would become the bigger issue and I would turn out right, again.

I stood up, readjusting my gun and hard drive, leaving the room and walking into the cafeteria. I ignored the kitchen and made my way over to Caleb and Tris. Caleb talked fast, trying to explain something to Tris. So many Erudite's were hungry for the power of knowledge, I forgot someone of them were innocently curious.

"Morning." I sat next to Caleb who smiled. "What we talking about?"

"Biotechnology." I nodded and smiled.

"Well continue, don't stop on my behalf." And he continued. I don't think he noticed neither of us were listening. He seemed happy enough just saying it, not caring if we heard or not. Tris interrupted him quickly, sending a small glare my way for making him talk again.

"So Amity and Erudite work together, then?" I chuckled slightly.

"More closely than Erudite and any other faction," he says. "Don't you remember from our faction history book? It called them-" I listened closely with a small smile on my face as he began to explain how we would barely function without Erudite, as much as I hated it, it was nice seeing him act so carefree, far from his... grief.

My eyes widened slightly as I looked at his plate, the toast has a huge circle in the middle where he had eaten out of. I looked towards Tris who had not touched her food. "Are you gonna eat your toast?" Caleb asked. She shook her head.

"No, the bread tastes strange. You can have it if you want." I leaned over the table and snatched away the toast before Caleb could eat anymore.

"Trust me, you don't want anymore of this." I laughed awkwardly before throwing it in the trash bin besides us. Caleb looked at me confused before shrugging.

"I'm amazed by how they live here. They're completely self-sustaining. They have their own source of power, their own water pumps, their own water filtration, their own food sources... They're independent." I shook my head slightly.

"If it wasn't for Erudite and their check-ups on their technology, Amity would probably be a lot more dependant." I clarified.

"At least they're uninvolved, must be nice." It did seem nice now that I had an outside perspective, but I also knew what it was like on the inside. Amity isn't selfless like the Abnegation are, people can try and believe otherwise, but Amity puts itself first, always. And when you are on the inside, you have to decide things that could possible kill a person.

"So I take it Amity wasn't one of the factions you had an aptitude for." Caleb grinned cheekily as he looked at his sister. I chuckled and shook my head.

"No." The group of Amity suddenly joined in a chorus of giggles. They hadn't looked over here at all since I sat down. "Keep it down, all right? It's not something I want to broadcast." I watched the table, waiting for someone to move. Someone leaned back as they laughed and I spotted everyone had their daily toast.

"Sorry," I turned around, Caleb and I leaning closer so that we could be quieter. "So what were they?" He looked at me as well with a raised eyebrow.

"Why?" I raised my eyebrow back. I knew he was under the influence of the serum, and that he might honestly be getting better after yesterday with Four, but I still didn't trust him fully.