Two - "No... we won't be able to."

I knew I was awake, and I knew that I wasn't running from Dauntless soldiers but I didn't want to open my eyes in case if our safety was all fake. If Amity had let Erudite know we were here. Or if Erudite with their Dauntless henchmen were going to break down my door and drag me off of the floor, taking me away.

When I did open my eyes, none of that happened. I was just welcomed to the overwhelming smell of lavender and the hard floor on my back. I sat up and looked around, I kind of hoped this wasn't real either and that I was still running from Dauntless. My gun was still placed in my waistband, and it had dug into my skin through the night, leaving a tingling sensation when I pulled it out.

Holding the gun in my hand felt normal. Placing my finger onto the trigger became a reflex, no matter how I held it. I should leave it, hand it in to Johanna, earn the trust of Amity and not screw this up for everyone else. But a sense of selfishness came over me as I put it back into my waistband and flung my baggy shirt over it.
Everything else wasn't normal to me. The four framed bed with the lace at the top, decorated with flowers that flowed from the top. Or the hard wood floors that always smelled fresh. Sitting back here was one of my worst nightmares, and for a quick passing second, I wished that this was all a dream and Four had shot me in the computer room.

I'm knocked out of my thoughts as a knock comes from the door. "Come in." The door opened and Tobias peeked his head around, first looking at the bed, then towards me on the floor. He still wears his black jeans but borrowed a deep red shirt. It was weird seeing him wearing colour, but he placed his head back against the doorframe and I could see it made the blue in his eyes stand out. "What's up?"

"The Amity are meeting in half an hour," his eyebrows rise, "to decide our fate." I chuckle slightly. I go to say something and realise I didn't know what to say. Some part of my mind was still in that computer room. And my hatred for Amity drowned out any nice things I could say about them. "I brought something for you." I look up. He pulls out a small bottle. "Pain medication, take a drop ever-"

"I'm good." Tobias looks at me for a moment before nodding and placing them into his pocket.

"They haven't got any ingredients that truth serum does." I nod.

"I know." I run my hands through my hair and look out of the window beside my bed. "They will probably let you guys stay, if you play your cards right. But I might have to say bye for a while." Tobias quickly comes and sits on the bed.

"What makes you say that?"

"They don't know you guys, you can pretend to be what they want you to be, I can't. I tried. If they do let me stay.... and that is a big if, it's not going to be for long."

"But they wouldn't throw you out when you have nowhere else to go." I laugh slightly.

"You would think." I take a big gulp as I continue to watch the trees sway. "They gave me my old room. I would be aloud to stay here whenever I got in trouble, so it was mostly my second bedroom. I didn't add anything, this is how it has always looked. Johanna knows I have my gun, my room will be checked when the meeting is being held, but they won't find one. It will be in my waistband and the hard drive will be in my back pocket-"

"How are you, Y/n?" I stop. I didn't know. Do I explain to him that the computer room going a different way is a fantasy? That maybe Amity was where I belonged but I was too scared to admit it? That this relationship is the best thing and worst thing that I have ever had in my life?

I stand up. "I need to get ready." I walked out of the room and made my way to the women's bathroom, three doors down. I don't pay attention to the bathrooms, they are just like the rest of Amity. Wood. There is a sign that I have read a thousand times, 'remember - to conserve resources, showers only run for five minutes'. No one really went above the five minutes, not to be good, but because the water was ice cold. It was nice for my muscles that had tensed during the night, but it felt like daggers against any kind of injury.