Seven - "I'll be fine. I always am."

The serum wears off five hours later. I, sadly, felt the lead like blood in my veins for those five hours, but slowly my body became more and more tired, and I stopped being able to care about it. I was so embarrassed, and my embarrassment slowly rose every time I pretended to sleep in the medical beds as Tobias came to see me.

Even though my body still felt as if it was being held down by a ton of bricks, I was determined to sneak out of the medical hall once Tobias left again. I would rather lay in my own bed that smelled of lavender, for once, than a second longer in these back breaking beds.

I used these last few moments to rest my eyes and brace myself to move my legs. The moment I hear the chair beside me scrape against the floor, and footsteps echo away, I swing my legs over the bed and quickly close the blinds around my bed. I take deep breaths and take turns rubbing both of my forearms.

I place my hand on the bed and push myself up, holding in my groan as the pain in my ribs felt worse than ever. I walked around the bed, holding myself up, and moving my legs as much as I could. When I got around to the other side, I sat back down again as my back began to ache. I looked at the clock on the wall and I had three minutes till the next nurse does her rounds, that was three minutes to get from my bed, to the hallway.

I nod and realise I won't be able to make it with the way I walked around my bed. So, holding myself up with both of my hands behind me on the bed, I count from three to one, before taking a deep breath and moving as far and as fast as I could before my legs began to give out. When my legs buckled I grabbed onto a metal tray and gave myself a moment, I could not hear any nurses approaching or anyone that wasn't a patient.

I done the same thing again, deep breath, three; two; one, and ran. This one was easier and I got slightly further, but I wasn't close enough to grab the door. I looked at the clock as my body bashed against the wall, my legs were beginning to fail and I couldn't hold myself fully upright anymore, and I only had a minute and a half until the next nurse done her rounds. I only needed one more push to get to the door, then I would swing myself round, throw myself into the bathrooms, sit and wait until the nurse entered the medical hall.

When I had managed to do so, my legs had never felt as if they were going to break more than they did now. I sat on the toilet, closing the door as to not arouse suspicion. I ran my hands down my face as I waited for the sound of footsteps to pass, and then I could make my merry-way to my room.

I managed to get to my room with no one seeing me. Sliding down my door as my knees buckled from the pressure, I was happy to fall asleep here, not daring to attempt the walk or crawl to my bed. The sickly lavender seemed so inviting to my tired brain. But the misty feeling in my head that caused me to sway disappeared as someone knocked on my door.

"Go away." I mumbled, but it rattled my head and my throat burned. They knocked again, clearly not hearing me. I grimaced as I pushed myself up, raising my voice. "Go away!" My voice cracked multiple times as the burning feeling didn't leave.

"Y/n?" I sighed as Tobias' voice rang through the room. My legs shook as I pushed myself up, my hand cramping as I enclosed it around the door handle before pulling it open slightly. I looked at Tobias through the crack in the door.

"What?" I couldn't push my voice anymore, it came out meek, as if I had been crying for hours. Which I suppose I had.

"Can I come in?" My eyes narrowed slightly as my embarrassment rose, dusting my face with red from the thought of the idiotic last few hours.

"No." I went to close the door, slightly annoyed from my, now squeaky, voice. The door jammed as Tobias place his hand as far as he could in the door.

"Come on." I stood there for a moment, wanting to slam the door and go to bed. Wanting to be alone at the moment. I looked down at my feet before taking a deep breath.