Fifteen - "Which is why I'm sure she'll be put down soon enough."

Tris' POV

The pain that had knocked me over starts to subside into a dull ache, I hold my hand over the injury, feeling a hard spot. I'm not bleeding, but the force of the gun had managed to knock me over, so there must have been some kind of object that hit me. I look up as I notice a small white cylinder moving towards me, as I went to grab it, it began shooting out some kind of smoke. Coughing, I grabbed it and threw it more into the lobby. The smoke didn't have any effect, no blindness, no breathing issues... What was the point of that?

I look at the other Dauntless, my eyes scan Uriah and Lynn, they weren't bleeding either, but they were unconscious. I hear a small noise and strain my ears, I looked over my shoulder and saw Y/n, also unconscious, but unlike everyone else, a pool of blood was starting to seep from her stomach. "Y/n." I hissed. She made no move.

I could hear her breathing, or wincing, but she was definitely still alive. But I had to get her out of here before the bleeding became too much. Why was she the only one shot? Y/n had created a bit of hassle for Jeanine, I wouldn't be surprised if she was an on-sight-kill scenario. I went to move towards her before the Dauntless traitors walk into the lobby, guns high.

I make my body limp and try to breathe as silently as I could, realising I shouldn't be playing dead, I start taking deeper breathes instead. I keep my eyes closed, but I could hear footsteps coming closer, my eyebrows furrow as I hear a small click, the footsteps keep walking normally, but this wasn't like the sound of gun movement. I open my eyes the tiniest amount and see Y/n looking at me, her skin was starting to grey, and she was barely able to keep her eyes open, but she still smiled when she realised I could see her. Her body visibly relaxed once she realised she wasn't alone.

"I will hurt you." That is what she said when I was following her to the eighteenth floor, my curiosity about her and Four had gotten the better of me, but following her immediately after the fight... it wasn't the best thing to do. Now that I look at the girl with blood sliding out of her clenched hand and pooling the floor, I can't believe it was her that said it to me. Y/n had been shot before, but it had never been this bad.

We both closed our eyes again as the Dauntless got closer. I hear Y/n groan slightly and I bite my tongue as someone steps on my hand. "She's still alive." I couldn't recognise the voice, I wonder if Y/n did, she always recognised a lot more than me.

"She won't be for much longer." Y/n, hopefully playing into her part, let out another lowly moan with shaky breath. We both recognised that voice, why am I not surprised Eric is here? But I couldn't find it in me to wonder about him, I was more worried wondering if Y/n's noises were a show or a genuine cry for help.

"Why don't we just kill her now? Why don't we just kill all of them now?" Asked the unknown person. I was scared of Eric's answer, there was obviously a reason Y/n was the only one to be shot, why would he be against finishing her off entirely? I held myself back from scrunching my face up in anticipation to the shot.

"No people left means no people to create prosperous conditions," Eric started. "Plus, she's the kind that deserves to die slowly." I let out a breath. "It's also not your job to ask questions, half in the elevator, half in the stairwells, left and right, go!" Multiple footsteps ran off in different directions. I looked at a gun to my left, I could easily shoot Eric and he wouldn't know what hit him, but can I trust myself to not freeze up? I went to move before I heard a small noise, like fabric moving. I looked back at Y/n, seeing Eric crouched beside her. "Bet you wish it was you that could finish me off, huh A?"

Y/n chuckled and coughed. "You're gonna wish you let that boy put a bullet through my head." Eric laughed, patted her head, and then left with everyone else. I sit up and look around at everyone again, it was weird how they were all still unconscious, I thought about the possibility of the smoke having something simulation-inducing. But I didn't have time to worry about that.