V

January 23rd
Omniscient

"Momma you and I both know how much he loves those children, he would do anything for them

"Momma you and I both know how much he loves those children, he would do anything for them...and I understand I don't have the power to control how they feel. But- it's not okay. What he did was terrible, of course it was and I'm not excusing that nor am I saying they don't have the right to feel the way they do. I just- it's so difficult." Cassia breathed out, carefully wiping at her tears because she didn't want Cepheus to know she was crying once again.

"Have you tried talking to any of them? Or him? How does he feel, has he tried?" Running her fingers through her orange hair, Cassia crossed her left leg over her right while shaking her head.

"He tries to talk to them, he's apologized to them, he tries but...I mean those are his kids to a T, just like him. They kind of treat him as though he's invisible, don't talk to him- well except for Crystal who says a couple words to him. But- momma I had to listen to him cry, and just hold him because I didn't even know what to say because how does anyone imagine that or deal with that. Your 4 oldest kids, who are like your best friends have spoken from their own mouths hatred?" She stood up to grab another tissue, since the one she was using wasn't doing the job anymore.

"Cassia, you probably have to just give them a minute. You know, when I first learned about the two of you's relationship I was sick to my stomach, I looked at him a lot differently because the son I remembered would never do such a thing. It's a given they'll see him in another light-."

"But momma he's changed so much, we've all watched it happen. Cepheus has never ever ever even attempted to put his hands on me again, he's taken those drugs again once and that was only when we found out you were still alive, and he damn sure hasn't cheated on me ever since he came back. He got back on all his meds, he even went to therapy a- and he would pray, and he would do anything to make me happy and I mean anything...I could ask him to give me a limb and he would do it." Cassia sniffled, wiping at the tears that continued to fall because she just felt it wasn't fair to him.

She understood it was heavy information, and she felt for her kids also. Having to hear those things was sickening, and she wasn't naive enough to just think things would be normal, but that didn't mean she didn't wish it could be.

"Baby where are you right now?" Rose asked through the phone. Glancing around at her office space, Cassia grabbed one of the pictures she had on her desk which was of Cepheus and their 4 oldests. Smiling, she grasped it in her hand tightly, remembering the exact moment it was taken.

"I'm home, but I went off to my office because I just didn't want to have to see that right now. It's so sad momma, my baby...having to watch his smile disappear every time they pay him dust." She sighed, placing the picture back down in its respected area. "And I'm not just concerned about him because yes he's my baby, but my actual babies always come first. So I've been on both sides of the spectrum, back and forth trying to settle this."