XXXVI

November 18th
12:34 pm

Omniscient

3 months later

3 months later...

"Andddd done!" Crystal smiled happily, taking a step back with her hands clapping together at the finished product of Cassia's hair. Turning her body around in the swivel chair because Crystal hadn't allowed her look the entire time, a bright smile instantly lined Cassia's lips from her reflection. Her right hand raising up to rake through the wig that she was beyond satisfied with.

"You need to go back to school and get that cosmetology license mama, cause you have too much talent for that shit to go to waste." Mariah said as she entered into Cassia's bedroom with the two of them, her head thrown back to down the handful of grapes she held.

Nodding her head in agreement, Cassia stared at Crystal through the mirror. Seeing the smile on her face warmed her, it was something she never took for granted anymore. The smile of any of her kids really. Because she'd never forget the time where that wasn't happening, going months without seeing even a glimpse of happiness in their eyes and she would really do anything to erase that entire time period if she could.

"I was going to, but I've been back and forth between here and California because of Myles. So I haven't really had much time...then I travel with him a lot for his games and stuff." Crystal sighed, plopping down onto the end of the bed next to where Mariah sat.

"You live for Crystal, not Myles." Cassia pointed sternly, turning around with a raised eyebrow. "If this is really your passion and you really want to pursue it, which I know you do, then get that license. I can even pay for travel courses or something if that's better. But you're finishing that schooling up, and I'm serious." Cassia crossed her arms over her chest as she stood up, her back leant back to press against her dresser.

"Daddy already said he'll pay for it." Crystal spoke through a yawn, her body going back to lay on the bed flat as she pulled her phone out.

"Speak of the damn devil and he shall appear." Mariah mumbled, causing Cassia to turn her head to see Cepheus entering into her room with his head buried into his phone. He raised his right hand to do a small knuckle knock on the door, but it didn't matter much since he was already seen.

"Imma assume I'm the devil we speaking of..." He mumbled, his body leant up against the door with his attention never coming up from on his phone until he was met with silence. Pausing for a minute, Cepheus raised his head to glance at all three of the women in the room separately, going from Crystal, to Mariah, and last to Cassia...who his eyes lingered on a little longer. "You look pretty." He pointed towards her with a small head nod.