XV

March 22nd
12:33 pm

Omniscient

Sitting at his desk in his office completely isolated, Cepheus flipped through the stack of papers that sat in front of him

Sitting at his desk in his office completely isolated, Cepheus flipped through the stack of papers that sat in front of him. Tracking email threads, something that was a common thing when sexual trafficking was involved and he just needed to make sure that wasn't what was going on with Crystal. He didn't understand much of this, but he knew that this wasn't anything like her being in her right state of mind. Any and all possibilities sticking out to him.

"Uh...dad." Looking up at the sound of a voice he hadn't heard address him in what felt like ages, Cepheus leaned back in his seat seeing Zahir standing in his doorframe. Pulling his lips into his mouth, he didn't have time for whatever it was Zahir was about to come acting up about. Considering he'd dealt with nothing less than hell since everything was revealed about him and Cassia.

"Listen, ion got time for the bullshit right now-."

"No I um- I wasn't coming here to say or do anything stupid. I actually came to talk to you about something, I would have talked to momma but I don't think she's the best person to do that with. Not right now at least, especially because it's Crystal's birthday." Zahir explained as he made his way deeper into the office. Judging by Cepheus' lack of response, he assumed it was okay for him to be in there despite the fact that the kids weren't usually allowed in Cepheus' office space.

"She crying?" He asked, referring to Cassia. Shrugging his shoulders because he honestly didn't know, Zahir made his way towards the chair directly across from Cepheus to take a seat.

"The last time I seen her, she was yelling at Kaicey bout something, she said she's going out to dinner with TT Mila and Ry." Nodding his head, Cepheus put down the papers he was reading to release a small yawn.

He wasn't really sure what to say considering this was the most Zahir had spoken to him since learning the truth about his parents relationship. Cepheus wasn't dumb, he could tell his sons missed him just from the way they occasionally would slip up during their time of supposed "anger." He made it a point not to press them or to do too much, allowing them their time and space which seemed to be most effective. Judging by the way Zahir was now sitting across from him with a slight nervous expression on his face.

"Hell you sitting there twiddling your fingers and shit for, wassup?" Cepheus chuckled, not liking the dead silence that consumed them.

Sighing, Zahir ran his hand down his face because he wasn't really sure how to start the conversation. He talked to Cassia with Josiah, and she told them that when they felt they were ready to speak to their father again, to just be cool about it. Which Zahir was trying to do.