XLVI

Rose (Cepheus' mother)^^

11:34 pm

Continued...

Pulling his lips into his mouth, Cepheus' hand that gripped the cold metal of the gun, trembled. His eyes stayed fixed at the ground because raising it would've only resulted in one thing, that being harm against his mother and he didn't need that. He tried to break himself of the impulsive thoughts that rung through his head, mentally running over the techniques he'd learned to control his breathing.

"I want to ask questions, but if I get the answers I don't want to hear, imma end up turning this apartment into rice grains." Cepheus spoke calmly, never making any advancements from the space he stood in the doorway.

"Cepheus baby-."

"Go in my car, wait there for me." He instructed, reaching into his pocket for his keys to hand to his mother, but he still never looked up at her.

This was a test, he was allowing her the leeway to leave out and disappear if she wanted to. Although this was just a minor way to understand deeper what was going on, he wasn't about to hurt the woman who gave birth to him without knowing and understanding the scene in front of him. If he finished up and seen she was gone, he would've had all the answers he really needed. If he would have went down and she was seated in his passenger seat as instructed, a tiny sense of understanding would have been restored. But with the way his trust issues were set up, that wouldn't be enough either.

"You have a a gun out with your mother in the house, and you question my decision to take my son?" Tessa scoffed, her arms folded over her chest with her eyes watching the interaction of Cepheus and Rose.

He didn't pay Tessa any mind, ignoring her comment to stare at his mother. Nothing but hurt filled his irises, but he quickly masked it with the hardened nonchalant blank stare he usually had. Placing the metal keys into the palm of her hand, just before taking a step back to allow her to leave out. Both his and Tessa's eyes followed her the entire way, Cepheus' body turning in the direction of the door to close it behind her once she left out, the palm of his left hand spread along the wood with his head slightly lowered.

"Mmmm, you wanted us to have some privacy huh." Tessa smirked, egging on the man who she genuinely believed wouldn't do anything to her. I mean why would he, considering in her mind he knew better. She had the same logic as Giselle, believing he wouldn't hurt her because everything would obviously go back to him...but that wasn't the case.

"You know what..." Cepheus started, finally turning around to eye the smirking woman who stood only a couple feet away from him. "I applaud you..." He continued on, his feet beginning to move with his words to make advancements towards the woman. "To be broke, selling ass for a living, surviving off of crack, and having a baby father that wants nothing more than to see you 6 feet in the fucking dirt...you bold." He pointed, standing directly in front of her shorter frame, Tessa standing at around 5'8.

Looking up at him slightly, the smirk on her face only deepened seeing his. The look that filled his eyes attracted her, but not because she liked crazy. But because she mistook the deep shade of green with hooded eyelids as a look of seduction, a look that she knew told her he wanted her in the same ways she wanted him. But the problem was Tessa didn't know him. At all.

"You know all of this could be avoided if you would just give me what I want..." She tilted her head slightly, her body weight moving from left to right. Raising both his eyebrows in amusement, Cepheus leaned down slightly, their faces only centimeters apart.

"And what is it you want me to give you?" He whispered, so close that his icy breath hit Tessa's lips directly. With his left hand gently grasped onto her waist, Cepheus pressed their bodies together, the closest he'd been with her soberly and it disgusted him. But he wasn't dumb enough to just not play his role, his eyes examining Tessa's every movement. He seen the way her eyes shifted between his eyes and his lips, just before she boosted her body in attempts to connect their lips together.