XLVIII

January 4th
9:46 pm

Omniscient

"Cepheus I'll call you back once I'm close by or something, I shouldn't be any longer than another hour

"Cepheus I'll call you back once I'm close by or something, I shouldn't be any longer than another hour." Cassia spoke into her phone with nothing but pure annoyance dripping from her tone.

She could hear him sucking his teeth on the other end, causing her to roll her eyes because she already told him she had a meeting. Except he didn't think the meeting would take all morning, leaving him with the kids in his lonesome to get the majority of moving done. Since as Cassia promised, she was going back home and advancing in the process of her and Cepheus setting themselves back on track. They wanted to tie up all loose ends and just leave no more confusion. Considering if they were going to do this and get themselves together, they needed to do it right. The both of them working on themselves a lot in the past months to present themselves better to each other, and most importantly providing a stable and comfortable environment for their kids.

"You always tossing me to the side for work like I'm some $2 hoe you met at the club and fucked as a one night stand." Pulling the phone from her ear, Cassia eyed it as though it had 3 heads, before putting it back.

"Baby for the last time, I will call you back later. I love you, bye." She rushed out, not allowing him the chance to say anything else once hanging the phone up. Shaking her head, she raised her eyes back up to look at Giselle who was filling out the papers she needed.

"Clingy ass nigga, but y'all are so cute." She smiled, never peeling her focus from what she was doing. Blushing, Cassia leaned forward a little bit to rest her arms along the top of her desk. Her head following to lay her chin above her arms, never taking her eyes off of Giselle, but that wasn't where her focus was considering her mind drifted off in thought.

"I just love him so much..." She huffed out, not being able to stop the smile that spread along her face from the thought of him. "I know I say this every single time he shows even the slightest bit of change, but I really really really do feel like things are different now. He's so much more happy, he doesn't have as bad anger reactions to things, he very strictly takes his medication, no voices- he's been so great Giselle. Literally every morning he wakes me up with a gift of some sort, if we're in the same bed then it'll be something he can physically give me in that moment like breakfast in bed or something because Cepheus has a chef. But if we're away from one another, it'll be actual gifts and shit. But everything he gives me has a little note attached." She gloated, causing Giselle to poke her bottom lip out.

"I'm so happy for you guys, and I'm so happy for you and him individually." Giselle breathed out, finally raising her head out of the papers to push them in Cassia's direction. "Regardless of how fucked the situation may have been, I think something big did need to happen in order for him to really understand certain things, you know?" Nodding her head, Cassia reached her hand out to slide the papers in her direction. Bunching them together before hitting the bottom along the table to keep them all together.