XXXVII

Bria^^^

November 23rd
11:11 pm

Omniscient

"Are you sure it's a good idea for me to be here

"Are you sure it's a good idea for me to be here...I don't want to cause any problems, seriously." Raising his head from being glued to the message on his phone screen, Cepheus glanced over at the woman who sat in his passenger seat.

Jahbria, or Bria for short, was the woman who occupied Cepheus' attention through the time he couldn't have Cassia. They met while he was in the hospital, she wasn't a patient, but she was one of the therapists there. She had always made sure to emphasize that things had to stay completely platonic between the two, not wanting to give up her job or risk getting fired from messing with a patient. Which Cepheus respected, allowing her to do what she had to do until getting out of the hospital.

The two of them ended up at the club together one night, with separate people, but under the same roof. Due to the beginning stages of letting Cassia go in the manner he was doing was difficult, Cepheus found himself drinking and smoking heavily around that time. Because he refused to take hard drugs to numb himself, he resorted to the next best thing, which was alcohol. Which was shown at the club, neither Cepheus nor Bria really remembering what happened, but one thing led to another and they eventually found themselves in bed waking up next to one another. And from there the rest was history, the two of them bonding more than anything from her willingness to help him through everything, while also incorporating sex which allowed Cepheus to classify them as "friends with benefits."

"Why do you think your presence gon cause any drama, drama with who?" Cepheus raised an eyebrow, seeing the way Bria sat nervously. Nibbling on her bottom lip, she looked up towards the house before Cepheus gently grasped her chin in his hand, turning her head to face him. "Drama with who?" He repeated.

Sighing, Bria thought for a second until sucking her teeth and hitting his hand off of her. "We're sitting in this car outside of your wife's house, 2 hours after having sex, and you're asking me drama with who? I don't want to start anything, and if you would have told me where we were going beforehand, then I wouldn't had even come to begin with." Bria spoke with her eyes closed, trying to calm herself of a panic attack.

She was far from one for confrontation and drama, especially when it came to men. As far as she was told by Cepheus, they were in the process of a divorce, which was why she even pursued him. But obviously that wasn't true, Cepheus just using the same words Cassia used with her significant other. But Bria didn't know that, and as long as Cepheus could help it, she wouldn't know at all. Because he was well aware if she ever got word that him and Cassia hadn't made any type of progress on a divorce, she would have left immediately.

"She not gon do nothing, you think she bout to beat your ass or sum? I'm just here to pick something up and then we can go." He gave her a slight reassuring smile, one that Bria didn't return.