XLIII

December 10th
10:23 am

Omniscient

Bobbing his head to the sound of the light music playing in the car, Cepheus tapped his left pointer finger against his steering wheel lightly

Bobbing his head to the sound of the light music playing in the car, Cepheus tapped his left pointer finger against his steering wheel lightly. His eyes stayed fixed on the clear road ahead of him, the red hue from the bright light shining down on him, causing the diamond ring that rested on his ring finger to glow through the illumination. His eyes gradually trailing down to stare at it, twisting his hand in different directions to admire the diamonds that held such significance to them.

"I love you." Cassia spoke softly, her glossed lips pressing into the back of his right hand that interlocked with hers.

But her words didn't do enough to calm Cepheus of the agitated state he found himself in, he didn't even turn to look over at her which caused a deep sigh to seep past her lips. Turning to look out of her window, Cassia only wanted the way the trees sped by from the way Cepheus applied pressure to the gas.

She wanted to hear his voice badly, just to ensure that he was fine, but she knew he wasn't. However he did try to reassure her nonverbally that she wasn't the problem, him allowing her to hold his hand being the best way he knew how. He refused to speak, not wanting to close himself off, but he learned that was one of his best ways of staying calm through Laura. Then eventually expressing his feelings once he came down from the anger induced state that coursed through his system.

"You don't have to talk to me and...and I won't keep bothering you, but I'm very proud of you. Seeing the way you're handling your anger to this right now." She spoke just above a whisper, feeling his grip on her hand grow tighter, but he still remained mute.

Sighing to herself, Cassia only nodded her head, choosing to stop trying. He'd been this way for the past half an hour, the two on their way to her house after he took her out again, but plans quickly changed once Cepheus got a phone call. Cassia wasn't able to make out exactly what was said, but she knew it had to do with Josiah and his mother. Cepheus' mood doing an immediate 180 from the playful and loving spirit he'd been in for the majority of the night, only to show this dull nonchalant being.

He wanted to explain to Cassia what was going on, but he couldn't. Not in that moment because vocalizing it would've only forced his anger to possibly take over, which he didn't want. To his luck he had his medication in his system and he was able to practice his skills of staying calm, but it was difficult when it involved one of his kids. Especially when it involved the possibility of one of them being out of his possession...

"Cepheus stop it!" Cassia giggled, the feeling of his goatee rubbing against her neck from his lips leaving kisses behind her ear, tickled her. Her eyes fixed on the light in front of them that switched green after a moment. "Drive, the light changed." She smiled, pushing him off of her gently.