As You Are

ᴏɴᴇsʜᴏᴛ
____________________________________

Jennie's POV.

Love isn't blind, infatuation is.

Loving a person only at their best isn't a love at all. It was like admiring the moon only on its fullest, or the flower when it only blooms, liking the taste of a fruit only if it is sweet, or using a paper only if it is neat.

That is not how the love works.

“Hey, are you okay?” Rosie asked while waving her hand in front of my face which brought me back to my senses.

“Uhm... yeah. Don't worry” I said but then I heard her chuckling. I looked away as I feel embarrassed that she caught me zoning out.

It was Saturday evening, we've been sitting under the starry night on the backyard for almost an hour now. It was so peaceful. We used to watch the sky and eat some snacks at the middle of the night.

“She loves me, isn't she?” Rosie asked all of a sudden. I looked at her, she's looking upon the dark sky. Stars are reflecting on her lovely eyes.

“Who?” I asked.

She turned her gaze on me and her eyes meet mine. A smile slowly crept on her face. So lovely as ever.

“My love...” I smiled at her and nods as my response.

Her smile gets wider but it seems like her eyes show otherwise.

“Jackie, she will come back, right? She will come home, she promised me that so I will wait for her”

My heart suddenly aches.

I just nodded and force to show a smile so she won't feel the same thing. The painful feelings that I am trying to conceal.

“You know what, Jasmine? She loves to look at the sky. Even though there's nothing fun on it, she will still spend her time watching the stars and moon with me. Silly, isn't it?” her winsome smile never fades when she's telling me about her past.

Almost everyday, she's telling me this but I won't get tired listening to her. I love to hear it and her smile, I wanna see it every single time.

“As long as I'm with her, I love doing it... And Oh! One time, she gifted me a moon necklace! She told me, it symbolizes her love for me”

“Oh, really? Where is your necklace then?” I asked her and she suddenly stopped.

“I— I don't know. M-Maybe, I kept it somewhere and I just don't remember where” she said while fidgeting her fingers, frowning.

I sighed.

I looked at her neck and found that she's wearing it. Her moon necklace suits to her milky skin. I'm still glad that she still have it and never lose it.

“Jamie, I missed her. I wanna feel her warm embraces again. I wanna feel her lips on mine. I want to see her again” Rosie said, tears slowly trailing out from her eyes. Even though I wanted to give everything she wants, it has no use. She wouldn't remember it.

“Jessica, I badly wanted to feel her love again...” her sobs could definitely kill me inside.

“Then who is she, Rosie?” I asked while pulling her close to me. I locked my eyes on her, hoping that she won't notice my tears that attempting to fall.

“Tell me, what's her name?” I once asked her again, hoping to hear my name this time around.

She mustered a sweet smile while her eyes were clouded by her tears. She opened her mouth and tried to speak, yet she seems voiceless at this moment. But then, she still insist.

“M-My... My love...” her voice cracked and it pains me. Tears started to fall through my cheeks, heart was tearing apart.

It was a bit tiring but what can I do? I love her so much. I recognized her flaws and embrace it. I will endlessly love her even during our painful times.

“Soon love, soon. I'll find a way and do everything so you could remember me. I will show you my love and give you hugs and kisses everyday, okay? Even though you forgot me, I will always remind you. I love you, love. Please keep that in your mind, Rosie”

“L-Love? Are you—”

I didn't hesitate to crash my lips onto hers. This soft lips that I missed to feel on mine. Kiss tasted salty because of our tears yet the sweetest thing to happen.

Love is strong and it strengthen because it's real. Unlike infatuation, it is fragile that will shatter easily when life isn't at its best.

I pulled off from the kiss and opened up my eyes, I caught her glancing at me. I smiled and cupped her soft cheeks. Once again, she shows her lovely smile that I wanna keep.

“Only Jennie could kiss me as tender as that” she said and I gasped a bit when I heard my name coming from her lips.

“What did you say? Rosie, please say it again” I asked, almost begging her to remember me again. It's been a year since I last heard her calling my name. I thought I will never hear it again but I was happy that I proven it wrong.

“uhm... I... Jae, I have a necklace and my love gave me this!” she said with a huge smile on her lips.

Hopeless...

She forgot about it already. I felt numb. I couldn't feel anything aside from the pain. I couldn't take it anymore. I looked at her with sympathy for having this condition. She's suffering, same as me.

“R-Rosie...” her name is the only word I could mutter at this moment.

“I think I need to go home now, Jace. Maybe, my love is already waiting for me” she said, being bubbly or excited somehow for coming home to her love as she thought. Her face gets brighten as if she didn't cry a while ago.

“Oh yeah... sure”

“Thanks for today, Jane!” she said cheekily while waving her hands before she runs inside.

Inside our home...

I just let out a sigh and tears begun to fall once again. Pain, swallowing me.

How could love be painful and sweet at the same time?

“I love you as you are, my Rosie...”

____________________________________

a/n: 𝖧𝖾𝗅𝗅œ𝗋, 𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝖻𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝖺 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝗅𝖾. 𝖬𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝗐𝗋𝗂𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖺𝗀𝖺𝗂𝗇 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾'𝗌 𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗇𝗈 𝗌𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗂𝖿𝗂𝖼 𝗌𝖼𝗁𝖾𝖽𝗎𝗅𝖾𝗌.

edited: 𝖨𝗌 𝗂𝗍 𝖺 𝖻𝗂𝗍 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝖿𝗎𝗌𝗂𝗇𝗀?🤧

𝖳𝗁𝖺𝗇𝗄 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀^-^