prologue

࿔*:・Prologue ࿔*:・

•°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐•°. *

Carter groaned as Vera squeezed her tightly one more time before she spoke up, "you know, I need my oxygen to at least reach Forks, Vers." Carter said, her voice muffled be Vera's currently red hair.

"I know, I know," Vera sighed before she loosened her grip only slightly, "it's just that, god I'm gonna miss you so much."

Carter chuckled as she patted her best friends back and let go. Vera pouted but still moved out of the way, letting her brother take her place. Jayden hugged Carter tightly and placed his hands on both sides of her face, his finger tracing the long scar that started right next to her right eye and ended just below her lips.

He frowned, "if anyone so much so as tries to touch you, we're just a call away. Alright?" Carter smiled at her best friend softly and nodded.

"And don't worry about Nate, we'll handle him." Vera growled, tracing a finger across her own neck. Carter laughed as she looked between the pair cousins.

"Alright guys, it's time" Carter's mom smiled as she made her way over to the trio and gently ran a hand through Carters long hair. Carter smiled at both her friends, giving them both another hug before walking away with her mom into the airport.

Her mom sighed as she gazed at Carter sadly. She grabbed both of her arms bringing them and looked down at the tattoos that Carter decided to get over the summer, "you know why I'm sending you to La Push, right?" Carter nodded, "yeah mom, I know." She whispered, softly.

Her mom took in a huge sigh as tears gathered in her eyes, "you are so strong, baby girl. And I love you so much." She said.

"And now you have to go, and you have to move on from whatever happened here. And you're gonna make new, amazing friends-"

"Not as amazing as Jayden and Vera, though." Carter interrupted and her mom laughed, "yeah not as amazing as them."

Both of them quieted down as they cherished their last moment together because none of them knew when they'd see each other again.

They looked up as Carter's flight was announced at last, she quickly hugged her mother tightly and started walking.

"Say hello to your father for me!" Her mom called out from behind her as she waved and nodded.

•°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐•°. *

Carter let out a sigh as she finally got in her seat and closed her eyes. She opened them once more as she looked out of the window from her seat.

She thought about all the people she cared about, all of them she was leaving behind in Madison. But the move was necessary, they all knew that, including herself.

"Bye bye Wisconsin." She mumbled

And hello Forks...

•°. * ༻༺ •°. *

And we're done with the prologue and now let's move on to the first chap where Carter will finally meet some of the twilight characters.

How are we liking Carter's character so far, though?

Also you guys English is not my first language so if there are any grammatical errors please do inform me and I'll try my best to improve them.

Love you all