twenty nine

࿔*:・twenty nine ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Throughout the rest of the week, Sam, Jared and Paul did their best to help Carter settle down into her new routine as a shifter. During that week Embry Call had also decided to join their little fiasco fest.

Carter had been lounging on the couch in the Uley's living room which had been deemed their 'unofficial hangout spot' when the three boys walked in with the younger boy behind them, a frightened expression on his face.

Paul beelined for Carter, immediately sitting down next to her before he interlocked their fingers together. She gave him a gentle smile before turning to look at Embry who stared at her with a dumbfounded expression.

She grinned cheekily, "You too, huh?" She chuckled as he sputtered.

He turned to Jared, "I thought you said only guys turned?" He spoke and Carter's smile fell as she glared at him playfully, knowing fully that that was not how he meant it.

"That's a bit sexist, don't you think?" She asked.

During the week, Sam had also taught her how to control the way her eyes flashed red from time to time and now, she could do it at will.

After she finished talking, her eyes flashed red as she smirked at the boy.

It was safe to say that he had screeched slightly louder than Carter expected.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

By the end of the week, both Carter and Embry had gotten used to the pack.

As Jared and Carter walked back from just finishing their patrol, she didn't expect the three boys to run outside as they tackled Jared.

Carter laughed at their antics, "What's going on?" She laughed as Sam got up, walked over to her and gently grabbed her shoulders, steering her back towards the forest. Paul came up next to her, once again interlocking their fingers together as Sam left, joining the two boys who wrestled with one another.

Paul swung their hands back and forth quietly, enjoying the peaceful silence as they let the rowdy boys walk ahead of them.

Throughout the week, Carter had inevitably gotten closer to Paul. Being imprints, the two naturally spent most of their time together. He was like a breath of fresh air for the girl. Even though there had not been much progress in their relationship apart from the frequent hand-holding and sometimes pecks on each other's cheeks, Cart had never felt happier than she did around the boy.

She rubbed her thumb across his knuckles, causing him to grin brightly as he brought their hands up, kissing the back of her hand. Carter's eyes widened as a rosy blush stained her cheeks. Paul chuckled at that, shaking his head as they finally stepped into the small clearing.