one

࿔*:・one ࿔*:・

•°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐•°. *

The plane ride had been absolute hell for Carter, she noticed the way people stared at the scar on her face. The way they pointed at her and whispered as if she wasn't there, as if she couldn't see or hear them.

She walked out of the airport with her earphones plugged in and looked around for her dad.

"Cart!" A voice called out causing her to take off her earphones and turn around to look for the source of the voice. She smiled as her dad came into view, his hand raised up as he waved at her.

Carter fell into his arms as soon as he reached her and his cologne engulfed her completely. She felt her eyes sting slightly, causing her grip to tighten around her father.

Jack Darvill rubbed his daughters back gently and left a kiss on her hairline before pulling away and smiling at the girl. He put his hands on either side of her face to get a good look at her, "oh baby, you've grown so much." He whispered causing Carter to playfully roll her eyes, "you came to visit me last year, dad." She stated. Happy that her father chose to ignore the long white scar on her face unlike other people.

"Hush." He said, pulling her into his arms once more before letting go and taking her luggage from her.

They walked over towards his old car and Carter settled in the passenger seat while her father put away her stuff. She traced the Sirius constellation tattoo on her inner left wrist while she waited for her dad.

Carter looked at it closely, the long scar that she'd gotten over the summer was still visible; it had faded slightly, and the tattoo made it seem like it was part of the design. But if one looked closely, the scar could still be seen.

Three months had passed, but the incident was still clear in her head as if it had happened just yesterday.

Carter took in a huge breath and closed her eyes as soon as her father settled in. She turned her towards him and gave him a small smile that he returned as he started the car.

"You know Charlie's daughter came back last week. Isabella, you remember her?" He asked, "you guys used to make those mud pies along with Jake when she used to visit."

"Yeah I remember." Carter smiled to herself at the thought of Jake and her uncle Charlie, both of whom she hadn't seen in years, she'd missed them and she couldn't wait to see them again.

•°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐•°. *

Soon enough, both Carter and her father stood outside their house as carter assisted him with the luggage. Just as she got the last bit out, a car horn grabbed their attention.

A huge smile immediately graced her face as she saw Charlie Swan get out of the car and walking over to the passenger side where Jacob Black helped his father, Billy Black into his wheelchair. Carter watched as another girl, who slightly resembled Charlie also got out of the car.

Jack wrapped an arm around his daughter as the duo made their way over towards the small group.

Carter slipped out from his hold as soon as Jake turned to look at her. She took off as soon as he opened his arms and crashed into his chest, he picked her up and twirled around causing Carter to squeal and laugh as she tightly hugged her best friend and hid her face in between his neck and shoulder, "hi, Jakey." She whispered as she closed her eyes, letting the familiar smell of the forest and Jake's cologne surround her entirely.