thirteen

࿔*:・thirteen ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter snorted as she talked to Bella on the phone that night, "Don't laugh!" Bella protested as Carter popped a few chips in her mouth, "I'm sorry," she chuckled, "but how did you manage to keep a straight face on, quote "my own personal brand of heroine." end quote." Carter ridiculously imitated Edward Cullen's voice, causing Bella to roll her eyes.

"Alright shut up," she said and Carter snorted again, "no, but hey, do me a favour, next time you see your new boyfriend ask him if he's ever taken part in a Shakespeare play, alright?" She chuckled as Bella made a sound of protest in reply.

"He's gonna pick me up for school tomorrow," she mumbled, and Carter groaned loudly, "Well, that's just great, isn't it? Miss Swan finds a new boyfriend and ditches her best friend for him," she teased, "it's not like that!" Bella protested once more, and Carter laughed, "Chill, I'll just ride with Theo and Vicky." She told her.

"Alright." Bella agreed.

They talked more for a while before both decided to turn in for the night.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

The next morning, Carter stood between Jessica and Vicky as Eric distributed the prom flyers. Jessica grabbed the flyer from him, a disgusted look on her face, "Monte Carlo? That's our prom theme?" She asked as Eric hummed, "mhm. Gambling, tuxedos," he came closer to Carter, "and Bond, James Bond." He said, causing her to laugh and push his face away.

"Oh, my god." Angela chuckled as she looked away from her friends. Carter rose an eyebrow and looked in the same direction, rolling her eyes as a familiar silver. Volvo came in sight. Edward stepped out of the driver's seat, going across to help Bella out.

Carter scoffed, "What's with the sunglasses? As if it ever shows in Forks," she mumbled as she saw him put an arm around Bella, and the couple walked into school without paying attention to anyone else. Carter's eyes caught another car, in which Edwards's four siblings sat, staring at the couple like everyone else.

Jasper glanced at Carter, who gave him a questioning look and jutted her thumb towards the entrance, slightly shaking her head. Jasper and Alice grinned at her, understanding what she was trying to say.

Rosalie also shook her head as she got out, Emmet following her.

Carter grabbed Theo's sleeve and pulled her inside the school building. Both of them made their way toward the lockers as Jessica and Vicky followed behind them. Jessica slammed her locker shut as soon as she got her books and leaned against it, "okay, what was that?" Carter shrugged, "that was Bella," Jessica leaned forward, lightly slapping her arm, and scoffed, "You know what I mean."

Carter shook her head, "Maybe they're dating. Who knows?" She smiled, closing her locker and making her way to history. She smiled as she saw Jasper and Alice standing there. The short-haired girl immediately wrapped her arms around Carter and smiled brightly at her husband before leaving them alone.

"Tomorrow. You're coming over." Jasper told her as the two walked in and took their seats, Carter nodded, "Aye aye, captain. May I know why?" She questioned.

Jasper huffed a breath and rolled his eyes, "Edwards's inviting Bella to meet everyone." Carter nodded, "and I need to be there because...?" She questioned, "Because I want you to meet them too."