twenty two

࿔*:・twenty two࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter stared at the movie playing in front of her, not paying attention as she glared at Bella from time to time who sat next to her, staring at nothing. Two weeks had passed since her trip to Seattle and it had taken her one week to recover from the cold. She had also stopped staying over at Bella's on the weekend.

However, for Charlie's sake, she continued to hang out with her. Though they never really talked anymore. She saw a figure approach them from the corner of her eye and turned around to give Charlie a tired smile.

He stared at the two girls, gratitude clear in his eyes for Carter. She simply nodded at him. Turning back around to face the television. She sighed in boredom, ready to sit just like that for the next hour too.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

As soon as the movie was finished, Carter got up and faced Bella. She smiled at the pale girl.

"Well Bells, I actually gotta run. I promised the Clearwaters that I'd come over for a bit..." She smiled awkwardly. Bella simply stared at her, nodding numbly.

"Alright..." Carter whispered, "Uh, I guess I'll see you at school on Monday." She smiles, picking up her bag and making her way out of the living room. She spotted Charlie sitting in the kitchen, holding his head in his hands and Carter knocked on the door to grab his attention.

"Hey, Uncle Charlie? I'm leaving. I promised Leah Clearwater that I'd come over."

Charlie nodded, his eyes bloodshot from the lack of sleep. "Oh alright sweetheart, will you spend the night here?" He asked, getting up.

Carter winced slightly, "Sorry Uncle Charlie but dad's got another night shift so I can't really..." she apologised and Charlie nodded, "That's alright kiddo." He smiles.

Carter gives him a tight-lipped smile and left the kitchen.

She grabbed her jacket from the wall hanger and stared at Bella for a minute before she shook her head, leaving the Swan residence.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Leah waved at her from the porch as Carter parked her car. She smiled at the older girl, quickly getting out and walking up to their house.

"Hey," Leah greeted, "took you long enough." She retorted and Carter shrugged, "Hey, not my fault. I have to be a good friend to everyone." She chuckled before sighing, "Even if they don't acknowledge me sometimes..."

"She still hasn't talked to you properly, huh?" Leah asked, leaning back in her chair. Carter pursed her lips and shook her head. Leah looked at her sadly, "Don't worry. She'll get better soon. Im sure."

Carter smiled gently at her and nodded, "If Leah Clearwater is being optimistic then I'm sure I can be too." She teased and Leah nudged her away.

"Carter, honey!" Sue Clearwater greeted, her as she opened the door. The younger girl stood up, hugging her quickly as Harry came out behind his wife. He laughed in delight at the sight of his friend's daughter, "little Darvill!" He grinned, patting her back roughly causing Carter to move forward. She gave him a sheepish smile, "Hey uncle harry." She grinned.

Sue removed a few pieces of hair from her face, "come on in, darling. We made lasagna. Leah told us that you love lasagna."

Carter nodded, following the couple inside, "Leah was right." She agreed.

"Carter!" Seth yelled, rushing out of the kitchen and tackled her into a hug. Sue laughed, "Now Seth leave her alone."

Leah scowled, "Yeah dumbass stop harassing her." She slapped him on the head, causing the 14-year-old to pout.