eight

࿔*:・eight ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter stood next to Bella, leaning against her truck deep in thought. She was thinking about the accident, again. She closed her eyes and sighed loudly, replaying the accident in her head. Carter shook her head to clear her thoughts and turned to smile at her friends who were approaching the two girls.

Theo ran up to Carter, wrapping her in a tight hug. Carter she hugged Vicky and Angela as well, giving Jessica a small smile.

Mike patted the two girls on their shoulders, "look at you two, huh?" He grinned, "back from the dead!" He exclaimed loudly causing Carter to wince as Bella gave him a tight lipped smile.

"Oh my god, Mike!" Jess started, "you can't say that to them, they probably have like, ptsd or something." She rolled her eyes. Carter chuckled at the girl, "thank you, Jess." She said as Mike threw them an apologetic glance.

Carter grabbed Theo and Vicky , pulling them towards Mr Molina to give him their permission slips for the trip. Once their attendance had been marked the girls made their way over to the bus with Bella when she suddenly paused in her steps.

Carter followed her line of sight to see the brunette staring at Edward Cullen, again. Carter rolled her eyes at the joy who seemed to be glaring at her friend, again.

She pulled on Bella's arm, pulling her into the bus. She gave Jasper and Alice a brief smile before disappearing into the bus.

Once the two were finally settled in, Carter successfully winning the window seat, she turned to look at Bella, "so you never told me what Edward said," she said, "you know, about the accident."

Bella scoffed, rolling her eyes, "he tried to convince me that he was standing next to me the entire time." She lowered her voice.

Carter frowned, "that's a load of bullshit!" She exclaimed, the students around them quietening down to stare at her, she smiled sheepishly before lowering her voice too, "that's a lie," she stated, now in an appropriate volume.

"I was standing next to you, Bella, and he was all the way across the parking lot," she shook her head confused. Bella nodded, "Yeah, that's what I said."

They left the conversation at that, both girls deep in thought when Bella suddenly perked up, "Mike tried to ask me to prom." She told Carter who slowly rose her eyebrows while smirking slightly, "what did you say?" She asked, causing Bella to laugh.

"I, uh, I said I was going to Jacksonville that weekend." Carter nodded, impressed, "but didn't he ask if you could go some other time?" She asked.

Bella grinned, "non refundable ticket." Carter let out a laugh at that, highfiving Bella.

"Good job, Bells."

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter had her arms crossed in front of her as she walked through the green house with Bella next to her. The passed by Edward who abruptly turned towards Bella and Carter, who jumped when Edward spoke up, "What's in Jacksonville?" He asked, looking queasy as he looked at Bella for answers.

Bella gaped at him, "you heard that?" She asked, "how?"

Carter slowed down a bit so the two walked ahead of her slightly and she ended up walking with Vicky who looked her arm through Carter's.