twenty five

࿔*:・twenty five ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *
(TW: assault and lots and lots of blood)

Carter had been sentenced to a week of bed rest after that little fiasco. She now sat with a thermometer in her mouth as her dad sat next to her, his arm raised as he stared at his watch.

Carter sighed loudly causing her dad to tut. She sat up straight immediately. After a few seconds, he took the thermometer out of her mouth. She smiled sarcastically, "How's it lookin', doctor? Am I gonna survive?" she asked, playfully.

Jack gave her a blank look, "I'm afraid not. Best say your goodbyes because you're about to die in the next thirty minutes." he said, getting up as Carter pretended to clutch her chest and die. She hung her tongue out and rolled her eyes.

Jack chuckled, shaking his head. Someone opened the door to her room as a new voice rang out, "Well don't kill her just yet, doctor. Let her turn 18 first." Vicky called dramatically as the twins entered her room.

"What are you both doing here?" Carter called as Vicky settled on her desk chair.

Theo fell onto her bean bag and shrugged, "Bella told us you were sick, so we decided to come over and brighten up your day a bit."

"Of course she did." Carter mumbled bitterly, "Did she also tell you it was partly her fault?" She raised an eyebrow.

Theo smirked, "Oo, tea. But don't worry we'll let you get better before we bombard you with questions." She chuckled.

Jack handed her some tea. Carter made a face as she sipped the bitter liquid.

"It's kinda sad, I just recovered from that horrid flu last week. And now I'm sick again with a temperature of-?"

She looked towards her father who had taken her temperature, "101." He said.

"101°" Carter nodded slowly.

Vicky huffed a laugh, "101? Honey, how are you still alive?" She chuckled and Carter simply shrugged, "miracles." She joked.

Theo shurgged, "Well we just came to check up on you and um, mom made some spaghetti. Put it in your fridge downstairs." She pointed her thumb at the door and Carter smiled sweetly, "Tell Alana I said thank you."

Just then another knock sounded and Jack went to check. Jacob smiled at the older man, "Hey, Mr Darvill. I, uh, wanted to see how Carter was doing."

Jack smiled as he stepped aside, letting the boy inside.

He stared awkwardly at the three girls inside the room as Theo and Vicky stared back. Carter tried to suppress her grin.