thirty seven

࿔*:・thirty seven ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter chucked a piece of lettuce at Mike as he teased Jessica about her speech. She looked up as Bella and the rest of the Cullens came to join them, jasper took a seat next to Carter, mumbling a small ‘hello’ in her direction, to which she simply replied with a tight-lipped smile. 

“Hey, hey just in time,” Mike said to them as he picked up Jessica’s notebook, “alright, check it out. ‘My fellow students,’ right?” he asked and Jessica rolled her eyes, “cute,” she muttered as eric laughed loudly. 

“We are the future,” Mike continued “Anything is possible if you just believe. Blah blah blah and you've got yourself a speech,” he said, passing the notebook back to her. 

Jessica shook her head as she ripped the page out of the notebook and crumpled it up, throwing it at Mike’s face, “no, this will be my speech when I want diplomas thrown at my head.” she retorted as the table laughed. 

Mika smirked, “you gotta embrace the cliches, Jess.” he said to her and Eric grinned, “they are the bread and butter of all valedictorians.” Eric added. Angela hummed, nodding thoughtfully, “and that is why you are not valedictorian.” she told her boyfriend who huffed with an eye roll. 

Bella nodded, “And Jess doesn't need cliches, the speech is gonna be epic.” she smiled and Jessica grinned, “epic? It'll change lives.” she stated as Alice leaned forward, “I've decided to throw a party.” the fairy said as carter raised an eyebrow. 

“After all, how many times are we gonna graduate high school?” he said and Carter gave him a look, trying her best not to laugh but Edward couldn't stop himself. 

“A party? At your place?” Angela asked and Jessica stared at Alice as though she had grown a second head, “I've never seen your house.” she said and Theo scoffed, “no one seen their house before.” she answered, leaning towards Jessica with a look. 

Edward sighed, giving Alice an annoyed look, “really Alice? Another party?” 

Alice glared at her brother, “it'll be fun.” she said and Bella leaned back, side-eyeing the older girl, “yeah, that's what you said last time.” she told her. 

Carter watched as Alice’s eyes seemed to go foggy and she realised that she was having a vision. Bella drew their attention away from the vampire as she began talking to Angela loudly. 

Jasper looked over at Carter, hesitating before he spoke up, “You'll come, right?” he asked quietly, making sure no one else but Carter heard him. 

Carter gave him a tight-lipped smile, “I'll try my best,” she told him and Jasper nodded, “you can bring Paul,” he offered, “if you want.” he added as a second thought. 

“Who’s Paul?” Jessica asked, a strange glint in her eyes as she stared at the pair intently, waiting for an answer. 

Carter cursed silently and Jasper gave her an apologetic look, “uh, he's my boyfriend.” she told the table and Jessica straightened up, “what?” she asked sharply, “why didn't you tell us before?” 

Carter sighed defeatedly, reassuring herself that they would have found out sooner or later, “it's fairly new.” she smiled, her eyes meeting Bella’s who looked back awkwardly. Ever since the girl had come back from Italy, Carter barely talked to her properly, still pissed about the way she had acted with her friends and Charlie, even if she had managed to save Edward’s life. 

“Tell us everything.” Jessica leaned forward giddily and Theo scoffed, “Jesus, Jess give the girl some space, she’ll tell when she wants to.”