thirty five

࿔*:・thirty five ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter and Jake didn't stay around any longer than they needed to once Alice had sped the car away. They had to get the Clearwater’s place as soon as they could. Carter grabbed Bella's note from the house, locking the place before the two went behind some trees to undress. 

They shifted immediately, running off into the forest and towards the reservation. As they got closer, they spotted police cars, an ambulance and people walking in and out of the house. Carter quickly shifted back, walking towards the house with Jacob following behind her. The house was filled with police officers and some quilieute men Carter had seen in the forest. She walked past all of them and into the living room where she found Sue Clearwater sitting on the couch with Emily, the younger girl's arm wrapped around the weeping woman. Carter looked away in sorrow before she walked up to the woman. 

She rested her hand on Sue’s knee, who looked up, “hi, Sue,” Carter whispered as Sue immediately broke down before engulfing Carter in a hug, “oh, honey,” she sobbed, “Thank you.” Sue nodded and Carter sighed. She figured Sam had already told her what had happened in the forest. Carter simply kissed the woman's cheek, “stay strong, Aunty Sue.” she mumbled, getting up as Jacob took her place. 

As she walked further into the room, she saw her pack hanging out at the back of the room with Billy, Charlie and her dad. She smiled as she watched Paul perk up once he spotted her, he walked up to her, kissing her forehead gently as she wrapped an arm around his waist, nuzzling her nose into his neck and enjoying his warmth. 

She straightened up as the three adults walked up to her, Charlie in front. His eyes were red and swollen and Carter knew he had been crying. They all had been, the look in Charlie's eyes made carters heartbreak, he glanced between Carter and Jacob, “Bella?” he croaked and Carter bit her lip, taking a step towards him and handing him the crumpled piece of paper with Bella’s messy handwriting. 

Carter shook her head, "I'm sorry, Charlie. We both tried to stop her." She signalled towards Jacob as well who stood back with his head hung low. 

Charlie took in a shaky breath, his hand shaking as he ran it through his hair. 

"I need a drink," he grumbled, walking away and Jack and Billy both followed him. 

As they walked away, Sam moved towards her, "what was that about?" He asked, frowning. Carter rolled her eyes, "well, when Bella jumped from the cliff, Edward thought she died. He said he wanted to die too, so he went to the Volturi. And now Bella's gone to Italy to save him." They all looked at her and Jake in bewilderment and Carter sighed, "The only relevant thing for us after this whole story is that, the Cullen's are back." 

"So they are," Sam frowned, glaring at nothing in general, "well I guess we'll figure this whole thing out once they get back. Till then, try your best to look after the Clearwater’s. Anything they need." He ordered and the pack nodded, ready to be of whatever help. 

Carter looked around the room, noticing two significant people missing and frowned, "Hey where's Seth and Leah?" She asked the pack and Jared sighed, "up in Leah's room," he told her, "I think having the police and all these people around is a bit too much for them." 

"Alright well, I'm gonna go see if they need anything." She mumbled and Quil clicked his tongue, shaking his head, "Tough luck, she won't answer. We all tried."