thirty eight

࿔*:・thirty eight ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

The forest, for once was quiet, it seemed even the birds did not want to make a sound as the pack stood attentively, waiting for their alpha. 

Carter stared at everyone around her, they all seemed to hold their breath in anticipation as they watched Sam, who seemed to be listening for something intently, he held his hand up and the pack collectively held their breath, waiting for the order, “now!” he yelled. None of them wasted a second before they shifted, running further into the dark forest. 

‘She's near the borderline!’ Jared informed and they immediately headed in that direction. Carter didn't pay much attention as she ran ahead of the rest of her pack, Jacob and Paul on either side of her. 

Carter jumped over a rock just in time to see Victoria jump over the small stream and into their territory, she lunged forward, trying to take a bite out of the vampire but the redhead manoeuvred out of the way quickly. Carter growled loudly, running after her, as she watched emmet and Jasper running along the stream on their side. Jacob ran alongside her, moving forward to catch her but just as he was about to bite her, Victoria jumped back onto the other side and they watched as emmet and Jasper gave it their all, trying to catch her before she escaped again. 

The rest of the Cullens caught up to the two brothers as Carter, Paul and JJasper continued to run along with them. Carter pushed forward as Victoria jumped back onto their side, right in front of her. She jumped up in the air, her jaw wide open and ready to bite off a good chunk of her flesh but before she could, she felt Victoria’s cold grasp grab her and slam her into the wet ground. 

‘Carter!’ Jacob called as the wolf whimpered at the pain shooting up her right side. By the time her two pack members caught up to her, Victoria had jumped back onto the Cullens side and Jacob stood on a high rock, growling lowly at her. She felt Paul nudge at her with his snout, causing her to whimper slightly again, ‘does it hurt badly?’ he asked him imprint. 

‘No. No, it will be fine. It’ll heal quickly on its own.’ she reassured him as she got up. Paul trotted in front of her, not wanting to run too quickly in case Carter's injury became worse. Carter limped slightly as she growled at Paul, ‘Don't worry about me. Go catch that bitch.’ she told him and Paul seemed to nod at her before he fastened his pace, running towards where he saw Jake disappear. 

The pain seemed to become unbearable and Carter figured she had dislocated something. The injury already seemed to be healing, but not how it was supposed to. She snarled in pain as she limped off behind a tree where a bag with their supplies was already stashed, she didn't bother checking whose clothes she took out as she shifted back. 

Carter let out a yell as the pain shot through her right shoulder. Her eyes were screwed shut from the pain as she grabbed onto her shoulder. Carter breathed heavily as she pushed at her shoulder, making it pop back into place. She let out another yell at that and sat still for a few minutes, catching her breath before she decided to get up. It seemed like her whole body had been run over by a truck and she winced slightly as she began walking up to where she had seen Paul and Jacob disappear. 

Her pain seemed to subdue as she felt her healing kick in slowly, she seemed to regain some of her energy as she began to run again. Although Carter didn't bother shifting again, she was fast on her feet either way. As she stepped on a twig, Carter was grateful she had grabbed the joggers out of the backpack too. 

Carter fastened her pace as she caught a glimpse of greyish fur ahead. Just as she caught up to her boyfriend, Carter gasped in surprise when she saw emmet jump into the air in their direction.