five

࿔*:・five ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter leaned against Bella's legs where she sat on top of the truck with a book in her lap. Her headphones were plugged in but she listened to Carter intently, who was explaining how she wanted to redecorate her room.

The girl had promised to help her set up the room when she had come to pick her up in the morning. Bella had also revealed to Carter that she had been extremely bothered by Edward Cullen's behaviour the previous day and wanted to know what his problem was.

Carter didn't think that was a good idea and had explained to Bella that it might not be related to her and was probably a personal problem.

However, the brunette was very stubborn and refused to believe that. So now they both stood slightly away from their new group of friends and silently waited for the Cullens to show up to school.

Just as Tyler called out for both of them, a red BMW slid into the parking lot. Carter waved off her friends, both her and Bella paying close attention as four of the five Cullens gracefully slipped out.

Carter turned to look at Bella, who frowned deeply. Edward wasn't with them, she noted, but why?

She watched closely as Emmet wrapped his arm around his girlfriends shoulder, the both of them quickly disappearing into the school building and looked back towards the younger couple, only to find the pair staring curiously right at her.

Carter pauses for a second, eyes still on the couple as Alice shoots her a wink and Jasper passes her a small smile before they follow their siblings into the building as well.

"He's not here." Bella stated, a hint of anger in her voice, Carter rolled her eyes and grabbed her hand, pulling her off the truck and joining their friends.

Eric wrapped an arm around Carter's shoulders and she let him as she had noticed that the boy was more infatuated with Bella and simply acknowledged it as a friendly action.

They joked around for a couple of minutes before Vicky warned them about the bell causing them all to head in immediately.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter chuckled quietly at Vicky who stood next to her and glared at the small silver name plate that read 'History'. She quickly pulled the blonde in after her and the two walked over towards their history teacher who was a gentle old lady, "Mrs Johnson," Vicky called, catching the woman's attention who turned to look at the two girls and gave Carter a sweet smile.

"Oh hello dear," she grinned, "it's so nice to meet you. Carter, isn't it?" she asked, taking the slip from her hands and guiding her to her seat. Carter paused in her steps when she saw who her seatmate was. Vicky moved past her and went to sit next to Alice who gave her a big smile, one that Vicky returned just as enthusiastically.

They both sat two seats behind Carter who immediately settled in her seat once the class started. Jasper smiled at her politely and extended his hand, "hi," he addressed her, "I'm Jasper Hale." he smiled at her. Carter gave him a tight lipped smile and shook his hand, "I'm Carter." she replied, she noticed that his hand was ice cold and frowned, he also seemed to have a slight southern accent. The both of them turned to focus on Mrs Johnson, "alright everyone, today we'll be covering the Battle of Gettysburg." she stated. Jasper watched after perk up at that.