thirty one

࿔*:・thirty one ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter leaned against Jake's shoulder, her arm locked with his as they waited for Bella to get their tickets. Carter could already tell by the way that Jake looked at Mike that the younger boy fully intended to irritate him to hell. And honestly, Carter was a curious being, so she decided to not interfere.

"So Face Punch, huh?" Jake asked, hands in his pockets as Carter straightened her head to look at Mike properly, her chin resting on Jake's shoulder, "you like action movies?" He asked the blonde boy who seemed to roll his eyes at his question. Carter scoffed, there was nothing wrong with Jake asking him a question but it seemed that Mike had a particularly longer stick stuck up his ass that evening.

Mike sighed loudly, "Not really." He answered, not even bothering to look at the younger boy. Jake shared a look with Carter who simply shrugged, "Well I heard it sucks. Bad." Jake continued.

"Um, are you even old enough to see this movie?" Mike asked, shoving his hands into his pockets as he turned to look at Jake, "I mean like without adult supervision." He clarified.

Jake nodded, "Yeah, well uh, Bella's buying my ticket for me so."

Bella walked up to the three, with four tickets in her hand, "Jessica bailed-" she started.

"I'm not surprised." Carter interrupted, giving Bella a pointed look. The girl decided to ignore Carter's comment, "Angela got the stomach flu, so Eric's taking care of her. Theo and Vicky had to visit their uncle as well. It's just us four."

"Great!" Jake exclaimed in an excited tone. Mike sighed, "great..." he repeated and Carter sarcastically threw her hands up for a fake cheer before following the three into the theatre.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°.

Carter decided to sit next to Jacob, the boy had offered for her to sit between him and Bella but she decided that she didn't want to get between whatever weird romance thing was happening between her two friends.

So far, Carter decided that Jacob was right. The movie did suck, bad. She put a hand on her forehead, letting out a bored sigh as she tuned out the characters on the screen. She would have much rather preferred to be spending the night with her pack.

Instead, she turned her head to look at her friends, Bella pointedly stared at the screen, not blinking while Mike looked at it with a disgusted expression. It didn't take long before Mike's 'tough boy' facade broke, "I think I'm gonna throw up." He whispered, rushing out of the theatre. Jake rolled his eyes as the three of them followed him out. Carter sighed heavily as they stepped out, Bella and Jake were a step ahead of her.

She decided to go help her blonde friend, following him into the men's restroom simply because watching Mike hurl his guts out was better than watching Jake continuously express his love for Bella while she continued to reject him.

Carter held her nose with one hand, her face turned away from Mike as she rubbed his back lamely with her other hand. Once he was finished, she followed him out of the toilet and watched as he washed his face and hands. He collected some water in his hands and rinsed his mouth.

Once he was done, he leaned against the sink, staring at his reflection, "Bella's probably never gonna like me back is she?" He mumbled and Carter raised an eyebrow, "Are you saying that because you threw up in front of her or just in general...?" She asked, trailing off at the end.

Mike gave her a look which caused her to sigh and she rolled her eyes, "I think you and I both know the answer to that Mike, so stop wasting your time. Especially when you've got another girl who's head over heels for you. And I know that Jessica can be a bit too much sometimes, but she does genuinely like you Mike." Carter finished, letting all that sink in. Mike sighed, nodding once and Carter patted him on the back, both of them leaving the restroom.