thirty three

࿔*:・thirty three ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

"Carter," someone whispered and Carter groaned as she felt their hot breath hit their face, "Carter get up we gotta go." The voice whispered and Carter whined in protest.

"We have patrol." They whispered and Carter was finally able to pinpoint who it was. Paul.

"But it's like 8 in the morning." She whined, kicking her feet like a 5-year-old.

"I know but it's just 2 hours, we'll be done in no time." Paul chuckled, as she felt herself get pulled out of bed.

She glared at the man in front of her who gave her a wolfish grin. His bruises had healed overnight but that wasn't what Carter was looking at. Her imprint stood in front of her, completely shirtless and she was internally glad that she'd decided to go to sleep in a full-sleeved shirt last night.

"I'm gonna kill Sam." She huffed and Paul chuckled, "later," he said, "right now we gotta go. Jared's already there."

Carter groaned one last time before Paul was able to completely pull her out of the comfortable warmth of her bed.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Paul was right, their two hours went by faster than Carter expected and their patrol shift was quite uneventful so the three had decided to kill the time by chasing around a poor squirrel.

Carter was sure they'd given the little thing a heart attack because it did not show its face again for the rest of the time they were there.

"Hey!" The three turned to see Sam and Embry heading their way, "you guys are done. Come on let's go get Jake." He called.

Carter parted ways from the other two and rushed behind a tree where her clothes hung. A pair of shorts and an old tank top she'd found in the back of her closet.

She stepped out from behind the tree, glaring at Sam playfully, "8 am, really Sam?" She huffed, slapping his chest playfully before she stepped towards Paul who immediately wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

Carter smiled at him, wrapping her arm around his waist as the group set off towards the Black residence.

Carter slipped out of Paul's grip, instead choosing to jump on his back, forcing him to carry her the entire way.

It didn't take them long to reach the clearing and Embry called out to the youngest of the pack as they slowly walked up to the house.

Carter slipped off of Paul's back, frowning as a familiar figure walked out of the house, stalking towards them.

"Bella?" Carter called, "What are you doing here?" She asked, only for Bella to ignore her as she got up into her face, "what did you do?" She yelled, causing Carter to frown in confusion, "excuse me?"

"What did you do to him?" She asked more forcibly, pushing at Carter's chest, causing her to move back in surprise.

The group immediately erupted into chaos as Jared tried to move forward, "Hey ease up." Sam growled at him, causing him to stop in his tracks.

Sam stepped forward glaring at Bella and she immediately stepped back, "he didn't want this." She protested.

"What did we do?" Paul huffed, "What'd he do? What'd he tell you?" He growled, stepping in front of Carter as he stared at Bella in anger.

"Both of you calm down," Sam ordered, pulling Paul back as Carter grabbed onto his arm, stopping him from towering over Bella to intimidate her even more.