chapter 4

Camden's POV

Day 2

I woke up at 4 am because of these fucking nightmares. It always felt so real. All of my sufferings came back. The beatings that I took for the twins. Everything. I was sweating when I woke up. Luckily, I didn't wake up, Natasha. I haven't had a good sleep in days.

I decided to take a walk. I usually go to this shelter. Sometimes I volunteer to take care of the animals there. I'm thinking about adopting one but I don't think that I could take care of it.

I opened the door of the shelter and was greeted by the owner.

"Good morning, Cams!"

"Good morning, Mrs Clinton! How are you today?"

"I'm very good. How about you? Why are you up so early?"

"You know, usual. Nightmares."

"I told you. A company will help. Get a partner in life or maybe adopt one of these" she said while holding a puppy in her hand.

"You know I can't"

She sighed and nodded. We chat for a few hours and of course, help her with the shelter. It's 7 am now. She must be awake.

"Mrs Clinton! I'm gonna go now!"

"Okay! Thank you for the help!"
She shouted because she was at the back.

I went to the nearest cafe and bought breakfast. When I got home, she was watching tv.

"Here. Eat your breakfast"

She went and eat her breakfast. I waited patiently for her to finish her food.

"Where do buy those pastries? It's really good" she praised the food and continue eating.

"Hey! Save some for me. You think you can trick me. I will not tell you where I bought those."

"Very well. Are you a spy like me? Or maybe an assassin?"

"I am not of those things. Now shut up and eat because you're gonna answer my questions"

"Okay jeez! If I am going to answer"

"Okay! That's enough!" I snatched the food out of her hand.

"I was eating! You bitch!"

"No more eating, more talking"

She rolled her eyes.

"Where are the twins?"