chapter 21

Back at the SHIELD base

They took Camden's body to preserve it for the meantime. There's a lot of questions going on in their minds. All of the people on the team grief for her death. The team never saw Fury show emotions before.

"How does Camden become your daughter?" Natasha asked Fury.

"Her name is not Camden. It's Cameron Fury. She was a Hydra experiment since she was a baby. One day, we stormed a Hydra base and found her. She was just 6 years old at the time. Then after a few months, I became attached to her and I adopted her. After 2 years of being with her, she was kidnapped again and Hydra brainwashed her so she doesn't remember me and who she was. While Natasha was on a mission, I was on my own mission. Finding my daughter. When I found out that Lucifer's helper and my daughter is the same person, I was too late"

Everybody had their jaw on the floor. She is Fury's daughter. She is the girl in the picture in his office.

"How about you Romanoff, How does Cameron become your girlfriend?" Fury asked back.

"Over the past few months, I was held captive by her, she cared for me, cooks for me, she always checked if I ate and slept well and she always grant my request. 3 months after my being held captive, I've fallen for her. I saw her point of view. She isn't a criminal. She did for her loved ones. The people that she murdered were all Hydra leaders."

Natasha spent some tears while recalling their time together.

"So what now?" Tony asked.

"We're going to bury her," Fury said.

"No," Wanda said.

"What do you mean no? She's already dead. There is nothing you can do" Steve pleaded.

Bucky and Wanda look at each other like they're talking through minds.

"We know something that might help," Bucky said and Wanda nodded.

"What?" Natasha asked.

"When she was with us in Hydra, when she took the beatings for us, she always says to us if she dies, find Stephen Strange," Wanda said.

"Who is Stephen Strange?" Maria ask.

"A doctor. He's the one who takes care of one of the infinity stones" Tony said.

"What stone exactly?" Steve questioned.

"Time stone" Natasha exclaimed.

Natasha made eye contact with Fury.

"We need to find Stephen Strange now!" Fury ordered.