02 | Wie is dit? - Confusion

"Reject?" I questioned with a frown, successfully breaking the taller wolves out of their aggressive staring contest. I could feel my eyes begin to sting and I frantically blinked them, trying my best to stop the tears that threatened to spill out at the thought of being rejected. The she-wolf's expression seemed to soften as she looked over at me, which only made me even more eager to crawl into the nearest hole and never come out.

I hate crying, especially in front of people I don't know. And yet I always seem to only need to cry around people I don't know, maybe it's my inner attention seeker?

As I become lost in my thoughts the she-wolf comes up and wraps me in a hug; I unconsciously pull away from the warm embrace as soon as I feel myself becoming trapped in it. "Oh, I'm sorry." she spoke with a saddened smile that almost had me feeling guilty for my previous reaction "I'm Adaeze, daughter of Alpha Koje, former alpha of Seënige pack." her voice became awkwardly cheery as she held her hand out for me to shake. So she's my mates'... sister?

I hesitantly took her hand in mine, gently shaking it before deciding I should probably return the greeting. "My name's Stefan, it's nice to meet you..." I trailed off as I tried to remember how to pronounce her name resulting in her chuckling before finally deciding to help me out.

"Ah-duh-e-zee, you can just call me Eze though. If it's easier."

"Okay, Eze it is then." I let out a half laugh as she gave me a knowing smile. Before either of us can say anymore we're cut off by the sound of someone clearing their throat unnecessarily hard. My eyes travel back to the attractive alpha standing behind Eze and I make sure to take my time looking him up and down.

As I looked back to Eze I could see her eyes flash with anger as she turned back around to face my mate, "What?" she questioned, and I cringed at how harsh she sounded while my mate remained unbothered as he simply rolled his eyes in response to her growing anger.

"Wat dink jy doen jy?" He says in a different language; It wasn't my first time hearing his voice and yet this time was a bit different. Was it the accent that seemed to have just randomly decided to make an entrance into the conversation? Probably. Once I was done admiring the sound of my mate's voice I looked to Eze in hopes of some type of translation and instead was left even more confused when she replied back in the same language

"Wat dink jy doen ek? Ek groet u maat en my toekomstige luna." my mate scoffed at her reply, giving a half smirk with a small head shake that almost convinced me she was the one saying something ridiculous. But somehow even without understanding what was being said, I could tell he was in the wrong. "Get your stuff. We're leaving." he growled lowly before passing by Eze's semi-submissive form only to stop a few steps away. He stood there quietly for a few minutes before I saw both his fist and jaw begin to slightly clench, "Maak j my fokken grap?" he grumbled under his breath before turning back to Eze's smirking face.

"What?" she questioned with an innocent expression that dwindled in comparison to the massive smirk she wore. "I'm going outside." he said so close even I, despite knowing they're siblings, feared for her life. "Stay with him and when you're done... bring him with you." my heart jumped when he glanced back at me "Understand?" my jaw clenched as I nodded with my gaze to the floor. "Good."

I listened as he whispered something to Eze in the same language as before, before walking away toward the exit. I sucked in my bottom lip as I felt the familiar sting of tears starting to gather in my eyes, dried only by the feeling of warm arms being wrapped around me. The arms had the faint scent of my mate and despite already knowing who it was, I pretended only for a second that it was him holding me.

Moments later she pulled away with a sympathetic expression, I hated it. "Don't worry, he'll come around." she said trying to reassure me and I nodded with a small smile despite not believing a single word she spoke. "C'mon" she said, dragging me across the gym towards what looked like a cheerleading booth.

The rest of the morning consisted of me following Eze around while she went and got all her supplies for school together. Once she was done she helped me with picking my classes and even showed me where they were located. After she finished giving me a tour of the school I followed her to the parking lot where she led me to a black SUV with tinted windows.

I watch as she walks towards the back door before moving to do the same and being stopped by Eze who pointed towards the passenger side with a pointed look. I turned around, rolling my eyes once my back was to her before opening the passenger's side and hopping inside. I looked to my mate whose name I still hadn't learned and watched as he sat still on his phone, not looking up even when Eze slammed the back door.

After a few silent moments that honestly felt more like hours than seconds, he breathed in and I heard his breath hitch after presumably catching my scent. He glances up at the rearview mirror making direct eye contact with Eze before looking at me; He looked as if he wanted to tell me something but stopped when his eyes slightly glazed over, so subtly I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't already over-analyzing his face.

When his eyes finally start to focus he mumbles something under his breath before starting the car. I instinctively put on my seatbelt causing him to furrow his brows as he gave me a quick glance before pulling out of the school's large parking lot. "Where are we going?" I questioned as he turned onto a secluded, hidden path into the woods.

"My pack house.", I turned to him with one eyebrow raised. If he wants to reject me, why is he bringing me to his pack house? I shook off the question as a huge mansion-like building came into view, I say mansion but it's really like three mansions stacked on top of one another. I stared in awe as we pulled into the circular path leading around the entrance like a driveway.

I don't even notice when the car stops until my attention is grabbed by a husky voice appearing by my ear "Hurry up." I jumped back at the sudden intrusion but by the time I was able to look, he was already gone and walking his way up the path leading to the large modern glass-styled door. I hurriedly jumped out of the car and followed him inside, he walked really fast not really waiting to make sure I was following but occasionally slowing his strides a bit when I got too far behind.

As I follow him inside he leads me to a large modern styled kitchen, where a lady maybe an inch taller than me is busy making food. The lady's hair was styled into a big afro with some randomly placed accessories littering almost every curly strand making her look as if she was the moon goddess herself. A smile forms on her face when she turns around and sees my mate standing at the entrance.

I watched as she walked up and gave him a loving kiss on the cheek, leaving her hand there as she spoke, "Hey baby, have you eaten yet?" she questioned as my mate grabbed her hand and left a soft kiss on the back of it before shaking his head to her question. A pit grew in my stomach as I watched his interaction with the mystery woman and I struggled to control my wolfs' urge to rip her apart.

"Had to take your daughter to get her school stuff." he answered simply, unknowingly filling the pit that was growing in me, so she's his mom? Now that I take a closer look they do look very similar to one another. I watched as my mate grabbed an apple from a basket that was set on the island countertop and took a huge bite before sitting on one of the many bar stools.

"Ma! Is Ade back?" I looked to the stairs as a tall guy with wavy black hair, green eyes, and a tan complexion came down, "You asshole!" he shouted as he reached the last step and laid his eyes on my mate "Why did you trash my room??" he questioned with a scowl.

"Tal! (Language!)" their mother shouted in a scolding manner. The green-eyed guy sighed as I looked at my mate, whose name I just learned is Ade as he replied back with a small grin.

"Didn't you break my TV a couple of days ago?" the green-eyed guy opened his mouth to reply before just sitting down next to Ade with a frustrated huff. Ade let out a satisfied hum causing his mom to roll her eyes and smack his shoulder; I could feel the pit grow again as I thought about how relaxed he looked around them compared to when he was forced by Eze to acknowledge my presence.

I looked down and let out a small sound of annoyance, furrowing my brows when everything suddenly got quiet. When I looked back up everyone's eyes were on me, well everyone except Ade who just continued to quietly eat his apple.

"Wie is dit? (Who is this?)"