42 | Overdue Apologies

A/N | Sorry for the no update last Thursday, I thought I'd be able to get it in time but everything was so hectic (because of colleges assignments), I didn't even have time to come on the app.

Anyway, three updates this week! Hopefully that'll make up for last week. Again sorry, enjoy <3

"I wasn't expecting him to actually come." Stefan whispered truthfully, looking up to his therapist as he finally finished recalling all the events of the day before.

The therapist sessions have become a constant occurrence for him and although he hates to admit it, it's become one of the few things he actually looks forward to during the week. Ansley was actually the reason behind him visiting Ricky home, she was the one who had encouraged him to make amends.

It took a few sessions before Stefan actually gained the courage to go through with the professionals advice, it seemed like a terrible idea but he had no other choice, he was tired of being alone and all he wanted now was to have his friend back, his family.

"Were you able to speak to him?" Ansley questioned, causing Stefan's eyes to meet hers; there was a sad glint hidden behind his purple irises and she could help but send him a small encouraging smile at the sad expression, "He... I don't think he's ready to talk to me yet." He mumbled after shaking his head no, shrugging his shoulders as if the thought didn't bother him as much as it did.

The therapist could clearly see through his nonchalant attitude but doesn't push him into talking about it any further, "It's great that you were able to make a breakthrough with your friend, you are both hurting and grieving in your own ways and you both just need time to heal separately." She reassured as the teen absentmindedly nodded in response, looking back down at his bouncing leg.

"Are there any other relationships you're worried about?" She questioned, her notepad neatly set on the lap of her crossed legs. Stefan's brows furrowed together before he was looking back up at the older she-wolf with a confused expression, "Huh?" He sounded, his head slightly tilted to the side in question.

Ansley sat up a little straighter, staying silent as she subtly looked over his expression, "Are there any other relationships you're worried about?" She repeated, this time with a calming smile on her face. Stefan opened his mouth to respond but quickly closed it afterwards, he wasn't sure how to answer that question, the name that popped in his head at the questioning caused a painful feeling to fill his chest and he subtly shook his head to get rid of the thought.

The silver-haired professional seemed to immediately recognize his inner dilemma, she wrote something down on her notepad and the familiar sound of pen hitting paper caused the brunette to look back up at her, surprised to see her already looking at him and placing her notes upside down on the coffee table between them.

"I believe it would be very beneficial towards your mental health if you focused on fixing the relationships around you." She voices with a reassuring smile, slightly changing the topic from the original question. "If there's a relationship that has been heavily weighing on you, I advise that you invite them to one of our sessions." Stefan's eyes widened when the therapist's words left her mouth.

"Why?" he questioned after several moments of shocked silence, watching as the older lady gave him a kind knowing look, "Being in a safe and professional setting will be a great help to the both of you. A session could be just what you need in order to both understand each other's emotions." She explained, her voice soft and soothing as the teen thought over her words.

"I..." he paused, his mouth hanging open as his eyes squinted in thought, "Nobody... comes to mind, sorry." He replied, mumbling the last bit as he looked away from the older wolfs knowing gaze, "There's no need to apologize." She sent a soft smile towards the brunette as he glanced back over at her.