28 | Calm before the Storm

I anxiously waited for the last bell of the day to sound, the week had gone by fast and with no bumps, surprisingly I never ended up dealing with an angry Ryan since he never ended up showing back up.

Me and Ade were doing well, Leon seemed way happier now that we were around our mate 24/7. When Savannah figured out where I was the night I didn't come home she, of course, teased me about it; but she also offered to stay with my Oma for a few days, allowing me to spend as much time as possible with Ade.

I flinched out my thoughts when the bell suddenly rung out, I wasted no time in rushing out the crowded room. I quickly made my way to my locker, throwing random books inside as a familiar voice made its way to my side, "Someone's in a rush." Eze said, her voice light and playful as I closed my locker and turned her way.

I couldn't help the giddy smile that formed on my face as i leaned against my now closed locker, "The date is today." I replied, trying to sound nonchalant but failing miserably. Eze gave me a soft smile as she pushed her shoulder against mine, following beside me as I started walking towards the school's main exit.

We had become somewhat closer over the week, now that my bond wasn't as stressed I was really able to see just how big of an asshole I had been to her. She was so excited when she heard that me and Ade had worked things out that I couldn't help but immediately apologize for all the shitty things I had done and said to her but, of course, she told me not to worry about it.

"Do you know where he's taking you?" She questioned. I shook my head in reply, remembering all the times I had tried and failed at figuring out where or what the date would be. "He wants it to be a surprise" I answered, rolling my eyes as a grin made its way across my face.

Just then my phone vibrated and I fumbled with it for a little as I quickly pulled it out my pocket, smiling at the message that appeared on the slightly cracked screen, "He's here." I announced as I typed out a reply to the message before putting my phone away.

She nodded as we made our way out the building, her face brightening when we noticed a familiar motorcyclist leaning against his bike. "Have fun!" She called out, before not so subtly speed-walking over to Ricky. He raised his visor mirroring her smile before his gaze caught mine and I saw it falter a bit.

I gave him a half-smile, sending a small wave his way in greeting. I could see him visibly swallow as he hesitantly returned my wave with one of his own before returning his gaze to Ezes' approaching figure.

We hadn't spoken much since last week when Leon bruised his shin and pushed him to the ground, I don't think we're mad at eachother or at least I'm not mad at him. I understand where he's coming from but knowing he doesn't believe Ades' feelings towards me are genuine has made it harder to hang out with him, not just for me but for Leon as well.

Today, when I asked if he could give Eze a ride back to her pack house, it was the longest we had spoken to each other the entire week. He sounded a little disappointed that that was the only reason I had called him but for the first time ever, I didn't know how to have a conversation with him.

I was pulled out my thoughts by a honk, smiling even wider when I noticed the familiar black truck pulling to the front before the passenger window was being let down to reveal Ades grinning face, "Hey angel." He greeted me as I reached the car.

I could feel my face heat up at the name, quickly swinging the door open with a grin that mirrored his. I threw my bag over the middle console and onto the backseat before my face was being pulled in and a soft kiss was being pressed against my lips, "Hey." I greeted back as we pulled apart.

A playful smirk spread across his face as he looked over my breathless expression, "You ready?" He questioned, leaning away to start the car and pull out the lot. "We're going right now?" I questioned with wide eyes, "I'm not dressed!" I exclaimed, glaring at him when a deep chuckle left his mouth.