34 | Desperation

A/N | Aye, off topic before y'all go into the chapter. If you had to choose one person, who would be y'all's favorite character in this book? (Not important I'm just curious lol)

I stared at the wall in front of me, all the events from the least 48 hours playing on repeat in my head like a broken record meant to torment me. I haven't been to sleep, I didn't want to close my eyes, I didn't even want to blink, the images of my Oma's bloody room flashed in my mind everytime I did.

I couldn't think, surprisingly the tears stopped hours ago but the loss of tears didn't help me with getting my thoughts back, or my voice. A multitude of people came in and out of Ades' room, some silent while others tried to make conversation. There was no one I didn't know and yet everyone's presence put me on edge.

Every time someone came in I just repeated the same words, "Let me leave." I said as I heard yet another person entering the room, my eyes finally tearing away from the blank wall as his scent hit my nose. His face was blank but as handsome as ever as he stared down at me, looking away just to glance at my still full plate of food on the nightstand.

"You need to eat." He stated calmly, "Let me leave." I repeated, getting a tired sigh in reply as he sat down beside me on the bed. I couldn't tear my eyes away from him as he silently sat there, looking forward at the door before finally looking back at me.

I watched as he grabbed the plate full of now cold food, "Eat, Stefan." He ordered, taking a spoon full of potatoes and putting it against my closed mouth. I glanced down at the spoon before looking back up at him, "Let me leave."

"Is it because it's cold?" He questioned, pulling the spoon away, "Let me leave." I repeated, ignoring his question as I watched him place the food back on the plate. "Do you want me to have it heated back up?" He continued, placing the plate back on the nightstand as his slightly concerned gaze went back to my blank one. "I'll have it heat-"

"If I finally reject you will you let me leave?" I questioned, cutting him off as his brows furrowed in on themselves and a frown made its way across his face, "Stefan.." he warned, trailing off as he glanced down at my clenching fist.

"I-I just want to leave." I whispered, looking down at my lap as I pulled my knees to my chest. He let out a sigh, reaching his hand out to touch my knee but stopping when I flinched away, anytime he was near the words from that day floated into my head, "I never once said I loved or considered you as my Luna."

"I can't let you leave." He said, the words causing an unruly amount of anger to fill my body, "Get out." I whispered through clenched teeth, watching as his brows furrowed and he leaned in closer.

My veins were boiling as I unclenched my hands and shoved him off the bed, catching him off guard and causing him to fall onto the floor, "I said get the fuck out." I growled, "If you're not going to let me leave then get out."

"Stefan, I don't think you understand what's going on.." He said, getting up from the ground and taking careful steps towards me, "I don't think you've fully processed what has happened but, you are in danger." He explained, his eyes squinting in confusion when I let out an amused scoff.

"And you care why?" I questioned, "Less than a day ago you admitted to never really wanting me!" I shouted, mimicking his confused expression as I looked up at his continuously approaching figure. "I can't just let you go out and get yourself killed, Stefan." He argued.

"Ohhh." I said between laughs, "Is that because we're mates? Your 'weak' wolf wouldn't be able to handle my death?" I questioned, my voice soft in a mock babyish tone. "Well I can fix that problem right now." His eyes widened but before he could say anything I was already talking again, "I, Stefan Meyer, reject-" my mouth was suddenly covered by a large hand, stopping my words and cutting me off before I could finish the rejection.