41 | Silent Conversations

A/N | I think I accidentally put grandma somewhere instead of Oma, but I've literally looked everywhere and I can't find it so if you see it please just comment on the paragraph so I can go back and fix it lol.

I anxiously bit at my bottom lip, my eyes glancing back over to the familiar motorcycle parked in the driveway of the two-story family home. My eyes closed and I took a deep breath, letting it out before opening my eyes back up and finally gaining enough courage to walk up to the front door.

Before I could back out I knocked on the door, my feet shifting beneath me as I listened to the footsteps heading down the stairs and growing louder the closer they got. "Ricky." I said, immediately causing the steps to stop, "Can we... Can we talk?" I asked softly, my brows furrowing when I didn't get a response.

Eventually, I heard a faint sigh on the other side of the door, my ears picking up movement as his steps walked away from the door again. I got nervous but before I could say anything he said, "Go ahead." He said, sounding so unbelievably tired I could already imagine the bags under his eyes.

I brought my lip into my mouth, searching the ground as I thought over everything I had been planning to talk about. I let out a quiet breath, crouching down and sitting on the ground with my back firmly pressed against his front door.

"I started therapy." I revealed, my knee bent and my arm lazily laid on top of it as my gaze stared out at the empty road, his usually perfectly cut grass seemed to have grown a tad too long compared to his neighbors looked even more depressing than the house itself. "Would you believe me if I said it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be?" I questioned jokingly, letting a small laugh out into the quiet air.

"The name of my therapist is Various Ansley, but I just call her Ansley." I pulled my knees to my chest as I spoke, absentmindedly trying to comfort myself. "She's a really nice older she-wolf." I explained, my chin going to lean against my raised knees, "She reminds me of Oma." I commented with a small sad smile as I thought over the similarities she shared with my Oma.

After I said that everything went silent for a few moments, "I miss her..." I whispered, burying my face into my knees after. "I miss her so much." I continued, my words muffled by my own legs.

"I..." I started after a few more moments of silence, "I recently started scouting for the Sëenige pack." I revealed, wiping at the small amount of tears that had slipped from my eyes, "Been doing that for three weeks now, made a few new friends."

"I asked Ade if you could join one of the scouting teams." I revealed, letting out a small amused breath, "He said.."

"Who's Ricky?" He questioned through furrowed brows, sitting up straighter at the mention of another male he had never heard of before.

"My friend." I answered, trying to sound as calm as possible as I forced down the ball of nerves that I had lodged in my throat. "Your friend?" He repeated in question, his head slightly tilted to the side as he looked at his mate with a skeptical look.

I glanced to the side with a nod, "The one who you came with a couple of months ago?" My eyes slightly widened at his question, my gaze shooting back up to his blank expression, "Did you think I wouldn't be updated on who steps foot in my land?" He mused, a subtle grin making its way onto his face.

"You never said anything about it." I muttered back, letting out a subtle breath of relief that he seemed to not remember their encounter in the cabin a couple of weeks ago. He silently stared at me before turning and letting out a small breath, "Does he have any training?" He questioned, changing the topic back to what we were initially talking about.